𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒: "𝐀𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧"

"Tell me about the times and the tears that you held back.
I'll hide you in my arms and love you like stars love the dark."

As soon as I saw her engaging in a lively conversation with another girl, I hurriedly made my way to the office

As soon as I saw her engaging in a lively conversation with another girl, I hurriedly made my way to the office. Before leaving, I assigned three security guards to keep a watchful eye on my baby throughout the day. My nerves were on edge today, as I anticipated a demanding day ahead.

We had already made plans to visit 'St. Mary's Orphanage' this evening. However, I couldn't shake this sense of excitement and hesitation simultaneously, particularly because my baby had just embarked on a new chapter in her life, and I didn't want anything to hinder her progress.

But if that's what she desires, I have no objections. After all, I have a deep affection for children, those little bundles of joy. Lost in these thoughts, I arrived at my office. After handing my car keys to the valet and entering through the imposing glass doors, I was greeted by the warm smiles of my colleagues.

My office staff here in Singapore are exceptionally dedicated to their work, often with minimal social lives. To boost their morale, I regularly award substantial bonuses and organize international trips once or twice a month. Although Mumbai had its share of hardworking individuals, the dedication here in Singapore is threefold.

The change in the effort I put in has been a complete 180-degree turn. My own efforts have certainly increased substantially, but since my move here, my workload has significantly decreased, as the employees complete their tasks on time without being overwhelmed.

Despite the recent downward trend in share prices, resulting in significant losses, I may appear composed, but I've been unable to sleep for the past three nights. Today, I will investigate the issue and do my utmost to rectify it.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the door swung open, and I heard the sweetest, most cheerful voice. "Hi, Rina. How are you doing? I hope Ray and Marsh are doing okay," my sweet wife asked one of the employees. She had been visiting a lot since we moved; she said she just loves the atmosphere here.

I had been so engrossed in my work that I hadn't even noticed how much time had passed, and it was almost 5 PM. I had missed lunch again, but coffee would have to suffice. I called my assistant to get a cup of coffee just as she seated herself in front of me and winced at the sight before her.

My table was cluttered with papers strewn everywhere. The ongoing Israel-Hamas situation was the reason for the drop in stock prices. My entire team had been working diligently to increase our earnings to stabilize the prices. Currently, they were holding steady, but there was a risk of them falling due to excessive speculative activity.

As I wrapped up for the evening, I heard her ask, "Did you skip lunch again?" I looked at her as she glared at me. "Alright then, starting tomorrow, I won't have lunch either, and I'll only eat when you send me a picture of you eating your lunch." My eyes widened.