𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟖: 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

"You have robbed me
of all heart & mind
and I love you
sweet bandit of my soul."

"My love," he held my hand and kissed the back of it as he opened the car door for me to sit, after settling and securing the children in the back seat

"My love," he held my hand and kissed the back of it as he opened the car door for me to sit, after settling and securing the children in the back seat. "Thank you, my love," I kissed the back of his hand before sitting in the car. He closed the door, took the driver's seat, and drove off to the venue.

Our hands were intertwined as he drove with the other on the wheel. He seemed a little nervous about something. I couldn't quite pinpoint it, and I didn't have it in me to ask him. When my mom used to ask my dad such questions, he never liked it, and they would end up having a big fight, screaming at each other.

The silence in the car made me overthink, about the numerous things he could be nervous about. Maybe it's something at the office, maybe something is wrong, maybe one of his partners didn't agree to the deal, maybe... maybe he doesn't want a kid right now anym—

"Baby, you're overthinking again. What happened, baby? Why must you stress this beautiful, cute, tiny brain of yours?" He kissed my hand a few times, his eyes moving between the road and me. I slowly shook my head, indicating that it's nothing.

I looked out the window, clearing my head. Soon, five minutes later, we arrived, and immediately, we were attacked by the paparazzi. Holding both kids in our arms, after a minute of getting photos clicked and them screaming questions that went unanswered, we walked inside. The place was insane—the most lavish thing I had ever been to since my wedding.

Like, what the heck.

And there were the stunning women, adorned in their beautiful dresses – enough to make me feel self-conscious

And there were the stunning women, adorned in their beautiful dresses – enough to make me feel self-conscious. All eyes shifted towards us as the grand royal doors swung open. As if he could sense my thoughts, he gently placed the kids down, turned to face me, and locked eyes with mine. Then, he uttered the most romantic words I had ever heard or read.

"My love, imagine a room filled with a thousand stars, each shining with its own unique brilliance. Yet, in the midst of this celestial gathering, you are my only constellation, the radiant beacon that captures my heart and soul. Your beauty outshines every star, your kindness and generosity outshine the moon's glow.
In a universe of choices, you are my singular, irreplaceable choice. In a sea of faces, yours is the one I recognize instantly, the one that stands out as the most beautiful and captivating. You, my dearest, are the masterpiece that the cosmos envies.
Please, never doubt your brilliance. You are the melody in a room full of noise, the warmth in a sea of cold. Your insecurities are but fleeting shadows in the presence of your extraordinary light.
If there's any envy to be found, it's the universe marveling at the treasure it holds in you. You are the most beautiful, kind, and generous soul, and I am endlessly grateful to call you my wife and the mother of our family. So, my love, let your heart rest assured, for you are my universe, and in your light, I find my eternal home."