1

11x25
You're My Home

Lets imagine Ophelia's the same height as Amelia.

"We need four units of O-neg, bring that bench over here!" a redhead called as she jumped down from what looked like a truck.

It was Ophelia's first day at Grey-Sloan Memorial hospital as their newest trauma attending. Upon arrival there was a mass casualty, which is really good for the first day. She was told to go find Dr. April Kepner, and was told that she would be coming in from the ER soon.

"Woah, is someone under that?" She asked the brunette in attending scrubs as she ran up. "It sure is." 

The redhead who Ophelia assumed to be Dr. Kepner, whipped her head around. "Are you the new trauma attending from Hopkins?"

"Yeah, I am, where do you need me?" She replied. "Help them with that bench." She ordered. "They went gonna cut the door, and all I thought was 'No he's going to bleed out, we need more time' I was pissed,but then I thought, 'No, we need less distance to the OR'"

"So you-" the brunette from earlier

"Brought the whole damn car." another one of the attendings said. She had brown skin and curly black that was tied back into a bun.

"How is he?" the blonde asked as she jumped up onto the truck. 

"Hanging on. Barely." Kepner replied.

"This isn't the way we usually do this." a man behind her said. He seemed to have an air of authority about him, as everyone fell quiet when he spoke. Ophelia looked at his lab coat and it read 'Doctor Richard Webber'.

"I had to do it this way." Kepner replied.

"No no, we see why you did it." a guy with short black hair came forward said. He and April were obviously in a relationship, but there was some tension between them.

"A second chance? We got a second chance." the blonde attending said.

"I, for one, think it's pretty cool." Ophelia said, climbing up onto the truck alongside Kepner who smiled at her in thanks and the blonde. I turned to her and held out my hand. "Ophelia Lopez."

"Meredith Grey." she replied, shaking her hand before turning around to the crowd that had gathered. "And that's April Kepner, Amelia Shepherd and Maggie Pierce." she pointed at them each in turn. Maggie lifted her hand in greeting, and Amelia was just staring in shock at what April had brought to the ER.

Meredith leaned down to see the person trapped underneath the car. "Hey, Keith, it's Meredith."

"Thanks for having me over." he joked. "How's Joan? What's the word on my baby?" he asked.

"We'll find out for you. We got you." Meredith said in return.

Keith screwed his face up as if he were in pain or about to cry, and Ophelia couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy, to be stuck and not know how the people you loved were.

Going back inside to put her trauma gown on with the other attendings, Maggie took out her phone and rang someone. "Yeah, I spoke to Mom." she said. She wore an expression of concern over her face, so obviously something bad was going on at home.

Ophelia was behind Amelia grabbing a gown when Meredith walked up to her. "Amelia." she greeted.

"I don't know how fast you're moving on the house." Amelia said. "I haven't even accepted an offer yet so.." Meredith continued.

"I'll be out by next week, is that soon enough?" Amelia continued. Ophelia tried not to feel bad for her, as it was clear something terrible had just happened to her and Meredith because, not her circus, not her monkeys. She could hear Maggie arguing with someone called Ted about how she didn't care whose side of the story it was.