16

12x14
Odd Man Out

"Dr. Lopez, which resident is normally on your service?" Richard asked, walking up beside Ophelia.

"Um, I don't normally have a resident, Hunt or Keps normally take them." Ophelia said, concentrating on the chart displayed on her tablet, "Why do you ask?"

"No reason." Richard said, before walking away, Ophelia giving him a weird look as he did.

--------

"Dr. Lopez, I'm on your service today. Or, I think so. I got put on peds, but Dr. Webber sent me to you." Stephanie said as she walked up to the Latina who was at the peds nurses station.

"Well, I'm helping out in peds today, seeing as I'm board certified in it." Ophelia said, gesturing atound her to the brightly coloured walls.

"Your double-boarr certified? And you chose peds as your second one?" Stephanie asked, sounding shocked.

"Do I not look like I would be board certified in peds or something? I get that reaction everytime I tell someone that. Seriously, I think I nearly gave Owen a heart attack."

"No, it's just- you know what, nevermind." Stephanie said. She looked around her, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "You hear the dogs, right? There are dogs somewhere."

"Once a month, a rescue group brings in a bunch of puppies for the kids." Ophelia replied, gesturing her head over to the room the puppies were in, "It's good for morale and healing and crap."

"No." Stephanie said, her voice strained.

"What's wrong?"

"OK, no. I can't do this today."

"Hope you like dogs." Ophelia said cheerfully.

"No, I really don't."

Just then, Amelia came up to them, excitement on her face. "Fee! Can we do something tonight? I feel like we haven't had a date in a while." Stephanie wisely chose this moment to leave, letting the couple be alone.

"Well,  I believe you owe me a Scream 2 date." Ophelia replied, smiling up at her. Amelia's shoulders slumped.

"Sidney looks like my sister. I swear, the resemblance is there!" Ophelia laughed at her.

"I also believe that the house is going to be empty. Mer's working a long shift, as well as Maggie, so the kids will be in daycare." Ophelia said, leaning closer to Amelia, eyes flickering down to her girlfriend's lips.

"Well, that I can look forward to." Amelia said, her voice low. She leaned forward to kiss Ophelia's lips, but she dodge out of the way quickly.

"We are in public, Lia." Ophelia said, just as Amelia's hand came to rest on her thigh that was resting against the nurse's station.

"So? We should let everyone know." Amelia whispered, leaning in closer.

"I'm going to the bathroom." Ophelia said, smirking as she saw Amelia's expression fall, "Scream 2 tonight, Lia!"

"I hate you!"

Ophelia pushed open the door, greeted by Stephanie aggressively washing her hands, Jo pacing, and Penny intently reading a chart on her tablet.