27

"I need a crash cart in here now!" Bailey yelled into the corridor from Omar's room. Ophelia looked up confused, as she knew that that patient was a DNR.

The Latina followed the cart into the room, watching Stephanie try and argue with her. "Bailey, he's DNR!" She shouted.

"Push an amp of epi." Bailey ordered.

"What is this?" Amelia asked, walking in behind Ophelia.

"Dr. Shepherd, I-" Stephanie said, walking away from the bed.

"Bailey, what are we doing?" Amelia aske, watching the chief.

"Charge to 100." Bailey said, ignoring Amelia and grabbing the paddles, placing them on Omar's chest.

"Isn't he supposed to be DNR?" Stephanie asked, trying to reason with her chief.

"Yes. His mother agreed." Amelia said, just as the paddles whined, charging up. The shock was delivered, but the monitors still didn't beep.

"Okay, charge to 150, get that epi on board." Bailey said, still trying to get Omar back.

"Bailey, his mother agreed, and signed the papers, and it was his daughter's idea-" Ophelia reminded her, moving forward.

"And we told his mother we would not resuscitate." Amelia finished, stepping beside her girlfriend.

"Clear!" Bailey yelled, and the paddles whined and delivered the shock.

"200!"

"Bailey!"

Charge.

Delivered.

The beep of a heart monitor.

Bailey stood back, holding the paddles in front of her, realising the severity of what she'd done.

--------

"His heart stopped?" Omar's mom asked when they explained it to her.

"Yes, it did, but only just for a second and then-" Stephanie tried to explain, but was interrupted.

"You decided to resuscitate?" The older woman asked, shocked, "But I signed those papers. Jasmine and I, we made a decision."

"I shouldn't be here, this isn't my case." Ophelia whispered to Amelia as Bailey spoke to the mother.

"Okay, I'll see you later." Amelia said, giving her girlfriend a quick kiss on the cheek, before she opened the sliding door and walked out of the room.

--------

"Callie wants to take Sofia to New York with her." Arizona told her friend, walking beside her.

"What?" Ophelia said, turning to face the blonde.

"I know, right? She said it's a six hour flight and I can see Sofia on weekends. She's my daughter too!"

"Well, have you talked to her about it?" Ophelia asked her, stepping into the elevator.

"No, when I went to talk to her, she was with Sofia, and then Penny walked up, and... and they looked so happy, Flee, I don't know what to do." Arizona replied, running her hands through her hair leaning against the wall.

"Talk to her first, and if you guys can't work it out... I guess I'll testify for you?" Ophelia assumed, stepping out of the elevator onto the ER floor. The doors shut on Arizona's face, and Ophelia left to go do her job.

--------

Ana
What's my favourite hospital food?????

April
What?

Ana
Jell-O!

April
Hello, Ana, that was a horrible joke

Ana
You gotta admit, you laughed a little bit

April
Nope, not even a giggle

Ana
What???? I'm hilarious, I don't know what you mean

April
Oh, yes, I'm hysterically dying of laughter

Ana
See?? I'm hilarious

April
Ana, that was sarcasm

Ana
oh
When are you next free?

April
Getting straight to the point, I see

Ana
Can you blame me?

April
I'm free tomorrow night, if you want to meet at Joe's then?

Ana
I'm free too! Guess I'll see you then ;)

April 
Stop flirting over text, you weirdo

Ana
Flirting over text? Me? Neverrrr

April
Oh, of course not

Ana
You look hot in scrubs by the way
Delivered

April looked up from her phone, her face burning. How could one woman make her blush this much? She still hadn't gotten over the feeling she got anytime she thought of the slightly younger Latina. 

One thing she couldn't stop thinking about was Ana's horrible sense of humor. How on earth she keeps making her laugh, amazes her every time. One thing she knew for certain though, was something very special.

She was falling in love.

And April was terrified of falling in love since her divorce with Jackson, and she still hadn't told Ana about her baby, so she didn't know how she would react to that. She now knew how Arizona felt during her marriage with Callie, and now after her marriage.

But, God, was April falling in love with Ana.

April
Thank you :) You looked very hot yourself yesterday ;)
Delivered

Why did she keep using so much punctuation? She never used this much punctuation normally. She felt like an idiot.

--------

Ana was freaking out. Even texting April was a challenge. She didn't mean to start talking about her scrubs, it just came out. But then April said she was hot too, and Ana started really panicking. It was like she was a teenager again, trying to flirt with girls without her parents knowing.

That didn't work out, but oh well.

At least she asked April out, right?

--------

760 words 

shitty ending but ah well