21

12x17
I Wear The Face

"Hey, did you eat?" Maggie asked as Meredith walked into the kitchen, "Amelia got dinner."

"It's nothing special." Amelia said, "Just some little pasta from our regular place."

"It's the thought that counts, Lia." Ophelia said, placing a gentle hand on her girlfriend's arm.

"Sit down. I'll grab you a plate." Maggie said, standing up to get Meredith a plate.

"I got it." Meredith assured her, walking over to get her own plate. There was the slamming of multiple cupboards, and Meredith turned back to face them, "Amelia's back." She announced.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Amelia asked, and there was more slamming of cupboards.

"You leave all the doors open, everywhere, all the time." Meredith said, a strained smile on her face as she walked back to the table.

"What?"

"Hey, uh, try the artichoke." Maggie said, trying to stop an argument. 

"Bathroom doors, cabinets, everything open all the time." Meredith said, putting some pasta on her plate. Ophelia near choked at the look that Maggie gave her, Meredith having slap her back.

"Hey, Mer, do you want some wine?" Maggie suddenly asked. Turning to Amelia, she said, "Unless that's not... Is that..."

"It's fine" Amelia assured her. Maggie stood up, walking over to where they kept the wine.

"You invited me back." Amelia pointed out to Meredith, and Ophelia silently died inside as she prepared herself for the argument that was about to come.

"It's fine. Just close a thing once in a while."

"Mer, if you've changed your mind, say the word. I can go."

"No, it's fine." Maggie said, coming back to the table with a wine bottle and three wine glasses, "So, which resident are you guys nominating for the Preminger Research Grant?" She asked as she poured the wine, trying to change the topic.

"I'm just gonna go to bed." Amelia said, pushing her chair back and standing up.

"Me too." Meredith agreed.

"We were just sitting down together." Maggie said, trying to persuade them to stay.

"Tired." Amelia said, giving Ophelia a quick kiss on the head and squeezing her hand, before making her way upstairs.

"Early morning."

Maggie and Ophelia were left at the table, pushing bits of pasta about their plate. "Well..." Maggie started.

"I'm not very hungry anymore." Ophelia said.

"Me neither." They began to box up the pasta to eat tomorrow night, putting the boxes in the fridge to keep it fresh, before heading upstairs to bed, Ophelia sneaking into Amelia's room and crawling under the covers with her.

-------- 

"I want to ditch Bailey's budget meeting." Ophelia heard Meredith say eagerly as she approached her, Maggie and Owen.