25

"It's so quiet." Ophelia whispered as her and Amelia sat on the couch. Maggie was working, and Meredith had taken the kids for a day out, leaving the two lovers in the house by themselves.

"I know." Amelia whispered back, admiring the living room that was clean for once, "Why are we whispering?"

"I don't want to disturb the peace and quiet." 

Amelia laughed, shaking her head. "I feel as though we will be disturbing that peace very soon." She said, sliding her hand along Ophelia's thigh, slowly going higher.

Ophelia was grateful she wore loose shorts to sleep the night before.

"Oh, and how would we do that?" Ophelia smirked, leaning closer towards her girlfriend, their noses brushing.

"Well, why don't I show you?" Amelia whispered, pushing Ophelia back so she lay down on the couch, and Amelia was quick to straddle her girlfriend's waist, attaching their lips in a heated, passionate kiss.

Ophelia hummed, wrapping her arms around Amelia's neck, pulling her down closer, so that their bodies were flush against one another's. The Latina let out a moan as Amelia kissed her neck, her back arching ever so slightly, enough so that Amelia pushed her stomach back down with her own, grinding ever so slightly on Ophelia's thigh which was between her legs, causing her to whimper a little.

But, just as they were about to pull their tops off, the front door burst open and Meredith came in, apologising profusely.

"I am so sorry, Bailey forgot his coat- Why am I always the one to walk in on you two?" She asked, putting her hands in her hips and looking the position the two were in.

"Just get Bailey's coat, Mer." Ophelia grumbled, not pleased that they had been interrupted.Mer rushed to get his coat, grumbling something about impatience, before leaving.

Ophelia got up once she heard Meredith pull out of the driveway, heading towards the kitchen and pulling out a bunch of ingredients.

"What are you doing?" Amelia asked, watching Ophelia get several bowls out, as well as wooden spoons.

"Well, I was thinking we could make cookies!" The Latina smiled happily, holding up a bag of chocolate chips.

"Fee, neither of us can cook, nevermind bake." Amelia reminded her, walking around to stand beside her girlfriend, resting hand on the small of her back, "And besides, you can't stand for very long with your ankle."

"How hard can it be?" Ophelia asked, pulling out her phone to google ingredients.

"You are very stubborn, and I love you, so, yes, I will try and bake cookies with you." Amelia sighed, looking at the ingredients in front of her.

Ophelia smiled happily, wrapping her arms around Amelia's middle, hugging her tight. Soon, they had cracked some eggs into a bowl, and were starting to mix the dry ingredients.

"Okay, it says to put 500g of flour, and 250g of sugar." Amelia said, squinting at Ophelia's phone which was covered in all sorts of stuff.

Ophelia poured them in, and as she was focused on stirring, Amelia had the brilliant idea to stick her hand in the flour and throw a handful at her girlfriend.

Ophelia stood there with her mouth open in shock at what she had just been a victim to, whereas Amelia just laughed evilly at the white that had landed on Ophelia's sweater, some of it going on her face.

"Oh, you little-" Ophelia said, laughing a little, sticking her hand in the flour. Amelia realised too late what she was about to do, and she got a chest-full of flour, a tiny bit smearing on her cheeks.

After that, it was an all-out flour war, and the two soon forgot what they were doing as they threw handfuls of flour back and forth, the kitchen becoming a snow-white mess as the two's laughter filled the air.

Eventually though, they got back on to the task they had originally planned, albeit a little floury. 

"Well, we did get a little bit off track, but we actually made cookies!" Ophelia smiled as she and Amelia began cleaning the kitchen.

"Yeah..." Amelia said, admiring Ophelia. She was so naturally pretty, and she hadn't put any makeup on that day, so the freckles she had gained from being out in the sun in camp were visible, and her hair was tied into a low ponytail, so some fly-away hairs framed her face.

"Move in with me."

"What?" Ophelia replied, laughing a little, "I already live with you, dummy."

"No. We get our own place, I mean." Amelia said, setting down the cloth she was using to clean, and walking over to her girlfriend, who had stood up straight from shock.

Ophelia thought about it for a few beats, allowing the idea to sink in.

"Yes."

"Yes?" Amelia repeated, wanting to make sure.

"Yeah. Let's do it. Move in together." Ophelia laughed, throwing her arms over Amelia's shoulders, pulling her into a kiss.

--------

Meanwhile, Ana had come to the hospital to talk to Ophelia, only to find out she wasn't there. Just as she was leaving though, she happened to run into a certain redhead.

"Hey! Ana, right?" April said, coming out of a trauma room and throwing a pair of gloves in the bin. Ana mentally buffered, shocked that April was even talking, nevermind knew her name.

"Yeah, I-yeah. I was looking for Oph, but she didn't tell me she was off today, so I'm about to leave." Ana said, mentally cursing herself for how awkward she was.

"Oh, yeah, Oph does that a lot. She tends to be very forgetful." April laughed, walking over to the nurse's station, Ana following her like a lost puppy.

April didn't know what she was feeling. Every time she thought of Ana, she would get butterflies. She never had that with Jackson, only before they got married. She for sure never got it with with Matthew.

"Would you ever want to- to go out for drinks or something?" April asked, keeping her eyes glued on the tablet, not wanting to make eye contact.

"Yes! I mean, yeah, I'd like that." Ana said, trying to contain her excitement. She quite literally had to clasp her hands together to stop them from moving.

"Okay! Here's my number, text me when you're free." April said, handing her a piece of paper that she quickly scrawled her number on, trying to contain the wide smile that threatened to creep onto her lips.

"Okay, I have to go pick Alejandro up from school, so I'll just-" Ana replied, gesturing behind her,walking off and trying to keep the skip out of her step.

Aril couldn't stop smiling the rest of the day, and Owen thought she was insane when their patient died and she still smiled.

--------

1141 words

cutie patooties