15

12x13
All Eyez On Me

"Ok, this is only a dry run. It's the furdt of many." Callie joked as Ophelia, Jackson, Bailey, Meredith and Jo got set up to perform surgery on a cadaver, "Won't be perfect, but once we start, I don't want to stop until we get to the other side. "Agreed?"

Everyone nodded, agreeing, and the group set to work.

They stood back when they were done, admiring, albeit slightly shocked, at what they did.

"What did we just do?" Jackson asked, somewhat amused.

"Ho-ly shit." Ophelia whispered.

"A miracle." Callie chuckled.

Soon, the group of five - Callie, Bailey, Jackson, Ophelia and Meredith - were walking through the lobby. "It's a solid plan, Torres. You should be proud." Bailey told her.

"I am. But we still have a few days left, so I'd like to run through it twice tomorrow." Callie replied.

"Right, but first sleep." Meredith reminded her.

"Yeah, all the sleep I can carry." Jackson said.

"Oh, God, I cannot wait to get home." Ophelia groaned, resting her head on Meredith's shoulder as they walked.

"Folks, hang on, we have a problem." Owen said as he ran up to them, "Colonel Miller just called from Bauer Medical. Our patient just took a fall and has fractured his pelvis."

"What?" Callie said, shocked.

"Our timeline has changed." Owne continued, "His fractured pelvis has compromised blod flow to the leg we need to salvage. Our window's closing. If we wait, there won't be anything left to use in the reconstruction."

"OK, well, when do they want to do it?" Bailey asked, shifting on her feet.

"Tonight."

Everyone looked at Owen as if he was crazy, given that they had only practiced once, and were all exhausted.

"Would've liked another run-through." Meredith told him.

"OK, wh... when can he come?" Jackson asked.

"He's not. After the fall the patient's not stable enough to move." Owen informed them, and Ophelia groaned, "We have to go to him."

"It's an away game." Jackson said.

"It's an away game." Owen confirmed.

"My day just got a whole lot longer." Ophelia sighed.

--------

"Oph, you okay?" Meredith asked, seeing Ophelia curled up across the seats in the back row.

"Yep. I'm going to sleep now." Ophelia replied.

"Alright." Meredith chuckled, "That's not safe, you know."

"Let me sleep!"

When Ophelia woke up, it was to Callie gently shaking her shoulder. "Hey. We're here." She said gently.

"I've spent a lot of time working in the military. If we're respectful and do our jobs, we won't ruffle any feathers." Callie told the group as they walked up the steps to the door.