14

12x12
My Next Life

Mariana portrayed by Marisol Nichols

Ophelia walked into the ER, setting her bags down on top of the nurse's station to grab some of her post-op charts where April, Arizona and Meredith were sitting.

"Keps, call the plumber, would you?" Riggd asked as he walked out of a trauma room.

"Sure." April said, picking up the phone.

"Did he really just call the morgue the plumber?" Meredith asked.

"Oh, yeah. That's something we say over there." April replied, "They circle the drain they clog it. The plumber."

"Hunt's right. We hate that guy." Meredith said, getting up from her chair and walking off, only for Jackson to walk up to them.

"Oh, God, this is not going to end well." Ophelia murmured, and she walked off to the attendings lounge to get changed.

When she got there, she was greeted with the sight of Amelia taking kff her clothes to get changed into her scrubs as well, and Maggie standing in front of her.

"I am bootless because I had sex with Ophelia!" She was telling Maggie, and Ophelia quickly shut the door to make sure no one heard.

"Amelia! You can't go around shouting about that!" She chastised, walking over to the pair.

"What? It was good!" Amelia reasoned, trying to pull on her trainers quickly.

"And yet, she's still on time." Maggie reasoned. She walked out, leaving the couple by themselves.

"You can't go about just yelling about us, what if Merry hears?"  Ophelia said, sitting in the chair in front of Amelia.

"Fee, it'll be OK. Mer won't care." Amelia assured her, putting one of her hands on either thigh and leaning forward, giving Ophelia a peck on the lips.

"Believe what you wanna believe, I guess." Ophelia said back, standing up and leaving the room.

--------

"Can you bring me Dr. Shepherd. He was my doctor last time." The bonde patient asked, looking up at Ophelia, who was busy tapping on her tablet.

"I'm sure we can." She smiled at her. She gently grabbed a nurse that was walking past, "Can you page Shepherd? Thank you."

Soon enough, the curtain pulled back, and there was Amelia, with Stephanie by her side.

"Hi. Katie." She greeted.

"Who are you? I asked for Dr. Shepherd." Katie said, rubbing her temple with one hand.

"And here I am."

"No, you're not. Dr. Shepherd is a guy."

Amelia nodded her head in understanding, a soft 'ah' leaving her mouth, "Look I was here before, years ago." Katie explained.

"My first year, my first day." Meredith said, walking up to the group, "Subarachnoid hemorrhage. You're Katie Bryce."