19

Ophelia left the kitchen soon after, still on a hunt for Meredith, and found her with Ellis on her hip, talking with Jackson.

"You helped plan this, didn't you?" Ophelia accused her, crossing her arms and glaring at her sister, who smiled sheepishly.

"Maybe... Here, Ellis wants you." Meredith said, passing her daughter over quickly and walking away briskly.

"Hey- It's my birthday, Merry, come on!" Ophelia yelled after her, but Meredtih pretended not to hear her.

"Well, how's your party so far?" Jackson asked her, swirling his drink around in his glass, before taking a sip.

"Strange. Never really celebrated my birthday in Spain, so I don't know how to react to most things." Ophelia confessed, tickling Ellis' sides to try and wake her up a little, the baby blonde giggling.

"Well, you've picked a good one I'l tell you that." Jackson said, gesturing over to Amelia, who was talking to April.

"Everyone's been telling me that." Ophelia chuckled.

"You should go talk to her, I can watch Ellis." Jackson offered, downing his drink and holding his arms out for Ellis.

"Thank you so much, really. It means a lot." Ophelia said gratefully, passing Ellis over to him.

"No, it's OK, gotta practice, am I right?" He joked, before walking off to talk with people.

Ophelia made a beeline to where Amelia was standing, only to discover that it was just April now, Amelia no where in sight.

"There's my favourite Latina!" April cried, holding her arms up for a hug.

Ophelia laughed, embracing her tightly. Pulling back, the Latina eyed April cautiously. "Are you sure you're alright to be here? You know, considering the whole thing?"

"Ophs, I would not miss your birthday for the world. Now, come sit with me." The redhead led her over to the now empty couch, making sure yhat Ophelia couldn't glance behing her, "So, any interesting cases today?"

"Not really, I was stuck covering the ER, and nothing good came in." Ophelia complained, and April nodded in understanding, smiling at someone over Ophelia's shoulder.

"Who are you smiling at?" Ophelia said, turning around, only to spot Amelia and Meredith carrying a gorgeous vanilla cake between them.

"Oh, my God..." Ophelia scoffed, a smile on her face as everyone sang a very out-of-tune rendition of 'Happy Birthday'.

Ophelia reluctantly blew out the candles, although her eyes were bright, so Amelia knew she was enjoying this.

"Eres un idiota." Ophelia said as Amelia leaned in for a kiss. (You are such a dick.)

"Ibdon't know what that means, but I'll take it as a compliment." Amelia grinned, finally pressing her lips against Ophelia's in a long-awaited kiss.Once they pulled back, they rested their foreheads on eachothers.

"Alright, who wants cake?" Meredtih asked. Zola and Bailey immediately agreed, rather eagerly, and the three walked to the kitchen, a couple of people of following after them.

"Are you having a good time?" Amelia asked a while later, after they had both had some cake and most people had left. Ophelia was lying back against her chest, her girlfriend's arms draped across her shoulders.

"Mhm..." Ophelia replied lazily, her eyes shut.

"You can sleep, you know. Everyone's left, and Mer and Maggie are putting the kids to sleep.

"Oh, I will gladly do so." Ophelia sighed happily, turning around so her head was lying against Amelia's chest, and the neurosurgeon wrapped her arms more securely around the Latina, makign sure she wouldn't fall during her sleep.

Kissing the top of her head, Amelia allowed Ophelia to slip into a comfortable sleep, and the amount of socialising she did today did not help.

--------

630 words

heyy so its a bit shit bc im going through major writers block for this book atm but ah well