8

Ophelia had organised the date perfectly. Maggie would be leaving for DeLuca's around five, and Meredith was taking the kid's over to Callie's for a playdate at half five, which left her about an hour to get ready, and, as Amelia was working until 7 at the hospital, she would have half an hour to set up the movie.

"Does my hair look OK?" Maggie asked anxiously, "Because if it doesn't look OK, I'm going to have to start all over again, and I don't have time-"

"Mags, you look fine, now go." Ophelia said, gently pushing her towards the door.

"Alright, alright, I'm going! Why do you want me out so bad?" She asked sceptically.

"Nothing. Now go, you're already late enough!" She pushed Maggie out the door, shoving the car keys in her hand and closing the door behind her.

Ophelia rushed back to the living room, watching as Meredith tried and failed to get Zola to put her shoes on.

"Zozo, please get your shoes on, you're going to be late for your playdaye with Sofia." Meredith pleaded, pulling Bailey's jacket over him.

"Don't want to!" Zola cried.

"Zo, come here." Ophelia said, grabbing her shoes. Zola walked over and sat down, letting Ophelia put her shoes on for her. Meredith lifted Ellis into her arms and grabbed Bailey's hand.

"Thank you, LiLi, you are a lifesaver." Meredith said gratefully, pulling the front door open. She unlocked the car and Zola opened the door, helping Bailey into his seat. "Have fun having the house to yourself for a while."

"Thanks. Now go, for love of God." Ophelia said. Meredtih laughed and walked out, and Ophelia shut the door after her.

She let out a sigh of relief, before turning and sprinting up the stairs to get ready. She wore a casual outfit, some joggers and a crop top with spaghetti straps, seeing as Amelia would just be coming home from her shift at the hospital. She put on a light layer of makeup, making her appearance look more natural.

Ophelia walked back down stairs to turn the TV on, loading up Netflix. She put on a show, patiently waiting for Amelia to return.

Soon enough, she heard the door open, and Amelia walked into the living room.

"Hey." She said, smiling at the sight of Ophelia curled up on the couch.

"Hey. Do you want to get changed in to something more comfortable, and then I can put on the movie?" Ophelia asked, sitting up straighter.

"Yeah, just give me a few minutes." Amelia said. She turned around and bounded up the stairs, coming back down stairs in a sweatshirt and a pair of cycling shorts.

"I got snacks." She announced, brandishing a packet of strawberry pencils and ready salted chips.

"They're my favourite." Ophelia said, recognising her comfort sweets instantly.

"Yeah, I know." Amelia smiled. She sat down beside Ophelia, handing her the packets, "What are we watching?"

Ophelia clicked out of the show she was watching, and searched up 'Scream'.

"Oh, God..." Amelia groaned. Ophelia laughed.

"It's not that bad, there's barely any blood in it."

"But still..."

"Oh, quit your whining." Ophelia said, and pressed play.

At the scene where Sidney was being interviewed by the police, Ophelia felt the chair dip behind her, and looked to see Amelia's arm around her. She smiled slightly, getting butterflies, and leaned her head on Amelia's shoulder, turning into her more.

The neurosurgeon could feel the Ophelia was quite cold, so she lifted the blanket from the back of the couch and wrapped it around their bodies, making Ophelia's body successfully warm up.

Near the end of the film, just as the TV fell on Stu, Ophelia could feel her eyelids growing heavier. Amelia looked down just as the credits began rolling, and saw that the Latina had fallen asleep.

She gently slid down the couch, Ophelia staying asleep. She pulled the Latina onto her chest, pulling the blanket up further and turned the TV off. Soon enough, she too fell asleep.

--------

"Bailey, be quiet, Aunties Ophelia and Amelia will be asleep." Meredith said as her, Zola and Bailey walked through the door, Ellis fast asleep in her arms, "Okay, now you two go and get changed for bed then go to sleep, I'll be up in a minute."

Zola and Bailey ran up stairs, and Meredith set her bag down, intending to sit for a few minutes, but stopped when she saw the two surgeons curled up together on the couch.

She stopped, smiling at the sight in front of her, only turning away when Ellis stirred in her arms. She looked down at her.

"Hey, baby, let's go to bed now, huh?" She said gently, and Ellis buried her head back into Meredith's neck as she walked back up stairs.

The trauma surgeon was very happy with her life right now, and the person who made her the happiest was the neurosurgeon she was laying with.

--------

831 words

Bit short but ah well.