35

(guys just pretend it's christmas time bc i want ophelia and a certain person to meet ;) )

"Merry Christmas, baby." Amelia said, walking into the bedroom as Ophelia finally woke up. They had been  up late last night because Amelia was giving Ophelia an... early Christmas present.

"Merry Christmas." Ophelia said through a yawn, wiping the sleep from her eyes, "Why are you up so early?"

"Just come on." Amelia was smiling, very clearly hiding something. She grabbed Ophelia's hand and practically pulling her out of bed.

"Oh, my God, Amelia my legs still hurt, give me few seconds to get ready." Ophelia laughed, walking to the bathroom just down the hall, Amelia following straight after her.

"Okay, fine, but be quick." Amelia gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, before leaving the bathroom to let Ophelia get ready.

The Latina had brought clothes with her, but she left her face bare of makeup, deciding to put it on before they left for Meredith's.

When she left the bathroom, there were candles along the side of the hall, leading her to the bathroom. How long had she been in there?

Despute the confusion, Ophelia followed the candles to the living room, where Amelia was standing with small black, white and orange kitten, with a small red ribbon tied around its neck.

"Oh, Amelia..." Ophelia whispered, walking forward and taking the kitten from her girlfriend's hands. The cat almost immediately started purring, "Where did you get him?"

"Her, and look at her."

"I am, she's so cut-"

"No, Fee, look at her."

That when Ophelia noticed the silver ring that was on the ribbon. It was a simple ring, with a sapphire gem in it, Ophelia's favourite colour. Inscribed on the inside was "I love you always and forever, close and far away."

"Amelia..." Ophelia said, shocked.

"Okay, so I know it's kind of cheesy, but I knew that you wanted to get a pet, and I know that you're not big on Christmas, and, um..." She then got down on one knee.

"Ophelia Lopez, will you marry me?"

Ophelia was lost for words. This was probably the sweetest thing any girl she had ever been with.

"Yes. I'll marry you."

Amelia stood up, tackling Ophelia into a massive bear hug, pressing her lips to her now fiancée's.

"Okay, now we should probably name this cat." Ophelia smiled, holding the cat between them.

"That's a good point." Amelia said, loojing at the cat who just stared back with her dark brown eyes.

"What about Kiko?" Ophelia suggested. The cat meowed, and the couple laughed.

"I guess she likes that one." Amelia joked, scratching between Kiko's ears, and the kitten purred in response.

A while later, they were making their way to Meredith's house, the presents for the kids in the trunk. They had decided to bring Kiko along, seeing as they knew that the kids would live to meet her. They brought some of the toys that Amelia had bought, and Ophelia was sporting her new ring.

"Is Cristina nice?" Ophelia asked as they neared Meredith's house. Her anxiety was showing, see as she had to meet a new person that she had barely heard of.

"Yeah, she's nice." Amelia assured her, placing a comforting hand on top of her fiancée's thigh, "I've only met her once or twice, but she's alright."

"She's the one that Meredith was yelling to you about that one time, saying she was her sister and you weren't."