Part 31

The Yule ball.

It's the only thing people where talking about that day as it was announced in everyone's first period class.

Diana was met with boys asking girls out and the other way around, but that was mostly girls asking boys because they themselves where to young to go to the ball at all.

"Professor?" Diana heard behind her. "Professor wait!" She turned around and saw Seamus making his way to her. It corridor was quite empty, only a few hufflepuff students making their way to their classes.

"Can I help you, mr Finnigan?" Diana asked with a kind smile. "W-well, you see, I have this bet with Lee Jordan, a-and I uh..." his cheeks were red and he looked down at the ground.

'Please don't tell me this is what I think it is.' Diana thought to herself. "What is it?" She asked, still smiling. "Well, it would be really cool if you went to the ball with me." A grin formed on his face and Diana shook her head.

"Honestly Seamus, please, just get your shit together and ask Mr Thomas out, I've been waiting for more then three years." She said and he was speechless for a second.

"Did you just curse?" He asked and then suddenly the exact words she told him processed trough his mind and his cheeks became red.

"I- what?" He seemed rather confused and Diana just shook her head a lopsided grin. "You hear me, now if you'll excuse me, I have a class to teach." She said and left.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

"Andy! Andy wait for us!"

Diana sighed and turned around to be met with the twins, Lee Jordan and Pippa.

"Professor, can I ask you a question?" Lee asked with a big grin on his face. "No, Jordan, I am not going to the Yule ball with you." She said.

"What? How did you know?" He asked disappointed. "I talked to Seamus, and" but she was cut off by George. "Wait, you're going with Seamus then?" He asked and she shook her head.

"What, no! First of, that's very illegal, and second of, who says I'm not married?" She said with raised eyebrows. She did not have a second thing to say, so just said the first thing that came to her mind.

"You're married?" The twins said in sink as the three boys looked at her in disbelief. "I- Well, I could be." Is all she said with a sheepish grin.

"Had he not died right after he asked you to marry him." She heard Pippa mumble and they all turned to her. "Sorry, pause, what?" Fred looked at Diana, then Pippa, then back at Diana.

"I am... so confused." Lee said. "Point is, I'm not going to the Yule ball with you, goodbye now- and have fun with your dance lessons." She slowly walked backwards as she said this and Pippa gave her a look that said 'don't leave me alone now!'

Diana just looked right back with a 'you got yourself in this situation, I'm not getting you out of it.' Then she quickly walked off.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Diana had eventually given up on getting everyone to do their homework during her lessons as they where all just talking about the coming Christmas and the ball.

She just let them play games and do their thing, she didn't mind that much because her lessons weren't that important anyway.

"Are you going to the ball, Professor?" Ginny Weasley asked when Diana sat worth her and her friends to have a friendly chat.