Part 45

Regulus pulled back in shock when a pale white, boney hand grabbed his wrist. He stumbled backwards and sent a curse it's way as more inferi started to climb onto the small island.

"Krea-Kreacher get us out, Kreacher get us out!" He looked back in fear at the house elf who tried to pry one of the inferi of his leg.

Regulus sent the stupify jinx to it and it fell back unconscious. Regulus was pulled back and tears filled his eyes but he quickly blinked them away. He landed on the rock floor and lost grip of his wand as it rolled away.

"Kreacher! Get out of here!" He yelled as he tried to push the inferi away. "But master Regulus-" Kreacher cried out but was cut of by his young master. "Go! Take the horcrux- destroy it! It's an order!" He yelled and then Regulus heard a loud crack.

His tense body relaxed and knowing he couldn't get out of there, he let the inferi drag him away. Then suddenly something- or rather someone shot trough his mind.

Diana.

He told her he would come back- but he knew he could die here. But still, it was unfair for her to just give up! He couldn't just stop trying, she'd be alone, he asked her to marry him, he can't just leave.

He started fighting the inferi and looking around for his wand in panic. And Pandora, he couldn't leave her, or his other friends.

But mostly those two, he couldn't, he wanted to be with Diana and he promised Pandora that he would never leave her, he promised he would stick by her side.

He promised Diana he'd come back, and that's what he'd do. suddenly his fingers touched something familiar and he grabbed onto it. Focussing really hard he disapparated out of the cave and he then felt an incredible pain in his leg.

He blinked as he looked around, he was in the woods near Diana's house, if he was lucky he could make it to her.

He tried standing up but the pain in his leg- it was so terrible. He looked at it and it was all bloodied.

He had splinched.

"Fuck." He cursed, his voice cracking as tears of anger and frustration started to form in his eyes.

"Hey, did you hear that?" Regulus stopped breathing as he heard the voice. It was silent for a moment before there was a sigh. "Probably just a bird or whatever, don't be so paranoid." Another voice said clearly annoyed.

"What's up your ass? You've been like this all day, take a breather man." The first one said again. "You really want to know?" The second again. "Enlighten me."

"The dark Lord, is sending us on a mission, that will lead to nothing! This house has had zero activity for how long? Months? And still we are sent here to look for that Black boy! Why would he even be here if all places?" He groaned annoyed. Regulus breathed in a sharp breath, they where looking for him- or Sirius, but probably him.

"How many times!" The first one spoke again and they obviously stopped walking because Regulus didn't hear the sound of leaves beneath a persons feed anymore.

"We have records of where the eldest son of the Potters stays but their daughter is nowhere to be found, this is the only place she can be!" He said. "That doesn't explain anything!" The other said again, raising his voice.

'Those two definitely have chemistry and it ended bad.' Dorcas' voice went trough Regulus' head.

"Don't you ever listen to what is said in those meetings? Snape has already said that Potter and Black had an ongoing relationship, if he is anywhere, he's with her, if we trust Snape of course." The first one sighed annoyed.