Part 42

Authors note:
Ya'll should look at the weather in Sloevenia, just for fun. We literally had to evacuate the tent, but because of the weather, I had time to finish this chapter.

"Alright, we've said enough, upstairs you go." Molly tried beckoning everyone upstairs while Diana looked at Sirius and he was looking back at her with the same horror in his eyes.

"Sirius, you absolute idiot!" Remus scolded. "What did you just call her?" George asked.

"I was talking to Harry." Sirius said quickly, tearing his eyes away from Diana. "While looking directly at Andy?" Fred asked, mockingly.

"Let's all just go upstairs, he was probably talking to Harry anyway." Pippa tried but was quickly talked over by Ron.

"No, he just called her- what did he say? Little Potter or something?" Ron asked and a few people nodded, it surprised Diana to see the boy smiling mischievously.

"Why did you call her that?" He asked, tilting his head and the three friends exchanged looks. "It's a nickname. In her first year Diana followed James around a lot and Sirius started to call her little Potter." Remus came with an excuse and the other nodded along.

All of them seemed sceptical, and Hermione piped up. "Well, not to intervene with important order secrets," she started and all eyes where on her.

"But you wouldn't make such a big fuss about such a small nickname being uttered." She said and it was silent for a moment. "That is because we shushed Sirius, not of the nickname, but he was about to say classified order business." Diana quickly said.

Sadly, none of them seemed to buy it. "Wow, good job Sirius, look what you've done." Diana said sarcastically breaking the silence. "Willow, don't." Sirius said with warning in his voice.

"The only thing refraining me from doing it is because Dumbledore told me not to." Diana stated and Sirius seemed to think for a moment. "I mean... you could just do it, nothing Dumbledore could do about it, I'm actually so done with him telling us what to do." She grinned.

"I'm afraid you have to, because we can't just obliviate them." Remus sighed. "So... how do you say this?" Diana glanced around the group.

"I think we already know." Hermione said and they all looked at her, Diana with wide eyes.

"What do you mean?" She asked and Hermione looked at Harry. "For my second task in the tournament we looked trough almost every book in the library and we found an old schoolbook..." Harry said awkwardly.

"You where... well, you where in there." He shrugged. "We weren't sure of course." Hermione intervened. "I mean, we thought it could've been a coincidence- someone who looked like you, but it has always been in the back of our minds." She explained.

"We didn't know if you where like- a cousin of Harry's father or whatever, but we never really dared to ask."

"Well, then let me clear it up for you. My name is not, Diana Sardothien. It is actually Diana Potter, I am James' little sister."

Molly then shooed everyone but Harry out and the two of them had a little talk. She apologised about a hundred times for not being there for him as a child.

"That night, your parents where killed, I was told you where killed along with them. I had lost a lot at that point, I didn't hesitate to believe it." She started.

"I spend years thinking you and Neville, who is the son of some old friends but I'll come back on that in a few, where dead. So I didn't have contact with magic that much for about a decade."

In June 1991, I found out you where alive, which got me into a pretty heavy conversation with Dumbledore. That's how I started teaching at Hogwarts, to keep an eye on you and Neville... and eventually Luna." She explained.

"I-I'm not mad." He said and she met his eyes. "Maybe a bit confused as it just came as a- as a bit of a shock and all at once, even though we had a hunch, it's still a lot." He decided and Diana nodded.

"Now, I might aswell tell you more. I am also, Neville's godmother, because I was great friends with Alice, his mother." She explained.

"Yeah, and you all made a pact on who got to be a godmother of who's child when you where fourteen and fifteen." Sirius deadpanned.

"They actually did that, you know? In front of the four of us, and we where not allowed to be godfathers, but I got to be one anyway, sucks to be Marls." He stated.

Diana chuckled. "Now, up you go, Harry. You need as much rest as possible before the hearing." She said and Sirius have her a look.

"Uh, the hearing isn't tomorrow, Diana." He stated and she shrugged. "Harry's had a long day, Sirius, let him rest." She says and then guided him upstairs.

"Alright, maybe you knew but this is Ron's room, you'll sleep here." She said and he nodded. "I knew, yeah." He nodded and she smiled as he walked to the door. "Goodnight." He whispered and she smiled  "goodnight, Harry."

When the door closed, she headed to her own room. When she entered, she found Pippa.

"Oh, Pip, hi." She greeted with a small smile. "Hi." Is all the girl said before taking in a deep breath.

"Say mum, now everyone knows your actual name is Potter, can we tell them about me being your daughter?" She asked and Diana seemed to think for a moment.

"What is it, holding you back?" Pippa asked, as if reading Diana's mind.

The woman bit the inside of her lip and leaned on the table next to her. The truth was, she was ashamed. Ashamed of leaving Pippa alone and not caring for her like a real mother.

"You're scared." Pippa said and Diana looked up. "You're scared that they will judge you for it." She continued and Diana sighed.

"Maybe a bit," she nodded. "We can wait, it's alright, we'll say it when the time comes." Pippa reassured her and Diana smiled.

"Thank you, Pip." She said and the girl smiled at her. "I promise it won't take long."