Part 37

Authors note:
Tell me, people, I can do three things:

1. Make it easy for myself and make this ff incredibly sad with a sad ending.
2. Make it a bit harder for myself but make it happier and with a happy ending.
3. Make it... not that sad, but still a sad ending.

Tell me in the comments 1, 2 or 3➡️

(Votes still going, I will say when they are closed.)

Diana hadn't went to the hospital wing immediately. She first had found an empty hallway and sat down on the ground, against the wall for a moment, processing everything.

Barty was alive. But now she learned he was innocent, he had decided to become a death eater anyway.

Regulus had died on a mission that Dumbledore send him on, and Evan had died in the claws of someone who saw him as a bad person.

She suddenly felt something on her lap and helped as she opened her eyes. An orange cat tried climbing on her lap and she sighed.

Diana picked him up and put him on her lap. "Once again roaming the castle, are we?" She asked and he meowed slightly.

She sat there, with the cat in her lap for about twenty minutes until she stood up, gently getting the cat of.

"Thank you, but I need to go to the hospital wing now." She told it, giving him one last pet on the head.

She entered the hospital wing and looked around. She met Poppy's eyes and she looked towards a bed with the curtain around it.

Diana moved the curtain slightly and looked inside.

There she found Hermione, Ron, Mrs. Weasley, a man she supposed was te oldest Weasley child and Pippa.

"Hi." She whispered and she met eyes with Mrs. Weasley. She stuck out her hand. "Diana Sardothien, I'm a professor here." She said and they shook hands. "Molly Weasley." She said and Diana noticed the tears in her eyes.

Diana sat down on a chair and she suddenly spotted Sirius in his animagus form, sitting next to Harry, he stared at her with big eyes.

He slowly got up and moved towards her, resting his head on her lap. "Hi there, Padfoot." She greeted in a whisper.

She didn't see the surprised glances Ron and Hermione shared. She also didn't see Pippa looking at the dog in wonder.

Loud voices where suddenly heard and Diana shared glances with everyone there.

"They'll wake him if they don't shut up!" Pippa said in a soft voice, though still irritated. "What are they shouting about? Nothing else can have happened, can it?" Ron asked.

Mrs Weasley got to her feet and so did Diana. "That's Fudge's voice," Molly whispered. "And that's Minerva McGonagall's, isn't it? But what are they arguing about?" She asked and Diana slightly moved the curtain to see.

"Regrettable, but all the same, Minerva-" Cornelius Fudge was saying loudly as he walked into the hospital wing. "You should never have brought it inside the castle!" yelled McGonagall.

"When Dumbledore finds out-" she started in a threatening tone of voice. The oldest Weasley opened the curtains entirely to see what was happening.

McGonagall and Snape where walking behind fudge with furious looks on their faces. "Where is Dumbledore?" Fudge looked from Diana to Mrs Weasley and back to Diana.

"He's not here," said Mrs Weasley angrily. "This is a hospital wing, Minister, don't you think you'd do better to-" But she was cut of when the door opened, and Dumbledore came barging in.