Part 51

Authors note:
Why hello there my dear Nifflers, I know you have been waiting for this one...
Okay I'm sorry for making you all wait for this for a whole week, but what can I say, it's how it works here.

Anyway, I wanted to say that my story is completely based on the books, but this chapter is a mix of the books and the movie because I love this part in the movie so much and like it more than how it's written in the books.
(Not to forget in the books it is incredibly long!)

Also! If needed to address me personally in a comment, just call me Maze, it's a fake name, but I'd rather not use my real one, thank you!

But just that, now, enjoy the chapter... or don't...

Diana apparated into the department of mysteries, finding herself back to back with Remus.

"Why hello there, long time no see, although I hoped it'd had been under different  circumstances." She said and he huffed. "No time for jokes, Day." He said and ran of throwing a Jinx at Dolohov.

Diana looked around and found Pippa struggling to get out of a deatheaters grip... a deatheater she knew very well.

"You let go of her this instant!" She called out and threw a jinx at him which she missed by an inch.

He was grinning -probably about to say something witty- when he saw who the thrower of the Jinx was.

"Diana," he said breathlessly. "Let go of her Avery, I am not afraid to kill you," she threatened and he let out a dry chuckle. "What? Is she of importance to you?" He mocked as he turned to look at the girl when his breath hitched as his eyes traveled back to Diana.

"No way! A little one? And oh- look at that! She's got his eyes, well well, if that isn't cute," he mocked and he let her go.

"Well, I guess it's just you and me now," He grinned and she didn't hesitate to throw a stunning jinx which he quickly dodged. "Oh, you've got more then that!" He grinned and threw a curse at her which missed her to her surprise.

"Pippa, get out of here!" Diana called as she threw a row of three spells at Avery which he stumbling around manage to dodge.

Pippa stayed watching for a while, but with one stern look at her mother, she ran over to Luna.

Avery and Diana proceeded to throw curse after curse at each other. He took a few which weren't that bad as he always managed to get up in time.

She had taken one and then she realised something... and then she stopped.

"You're holding back!" She accused and he huffed and grinned madly at her. "Oh? Am I now? What makes you think so? I have no reason to!"

"Oh but you are, I have sparred many times with you under that tree, you never missed, you always managed to hit me whatever I did," She said and he swallowed thickly.

"You're playing a dangerous game, Potter," He said with a dangerous voice. "Am I now? Gaspar?" They circled each other, wands pointed directly at each others chest, it caught the attention of a few but they had to get back to their own battles.

He couldn't hide the shaky breath he let out at her speaking his name. She never really did, not even back at school.

He quickly recovered and a grin formed again. "So, how did you like the Christmas present? Where you emotionally stable enough to throw it away?" He asked and she huffed, she could play that game to.