Part 39

"Can we now finally leave the table?" Ginny whined after Fred was finally done with eating. "Yes, now you can leave the table, but first put away your dishes." Molly said and Diana chuckled as everyone groaned, putting away their stuff.

"Come, Diana, I'll show you where you will sleep." Sirius stood up and she followed him up the stairs.

They stopped at a door and Diana's heart ached as she looked at the name that was written on it.

"This is Reggie's room." She said and he nodded, taking out a key from his pocket. He opened the room and they walked in together.

"I haven't opened it yet, thought you would want to be there, you know... go trough his old stuff, I don't know." He avoided her eyes and looked to the ground.

She didn't say anything, just hummed and nodded slightly. He opened the room after taking a deep breath in.

She followed him inside and looked around. There was a small bit of decoration, mostly silver and green.

There was a ton of dust and his bed was still made, as if waiting for him to return, though he never would.

"Your parents didn't clean out his room?" Diana looked at Sirius who shrugged. "Probably some dumb reason." He mumbled.

Diana traced her hand over the desk. "This place needs some serious cleaning." She said scrunching her nose in disgust. "We already started, but this place is your room, so have fun cleaning it." He said and she huffed slightly.

She opened a drawer to find a few books and some parchment, uninterested she closed it again and opened the next drawer.

Small notebooks, pencils, erasers and other art supplies.

She took one of the notebooks in her hands and flipped trough the pages. She remembered some
of the drawings, having watched him make them.

She stopped at a particular one, her heart stopping for a moment.

"Hey, that's you." Sirius was watching over her shoulder.

Diana sat opposite of Regulus in the come and go room, reading a book. He was sketching and she didn't notice the small glances he shot her and then returned to the sketching. He did this very often, and one of the times, she looked up at the same time and smiled.

"What are you drawing?" She asked and tried to look. He quickly closed the small sketchbook and put his hands over it. "Nothing, it's nothing." He quickly said, turning a bit pink.

"Alright then.." Diana said surprised, but amused. In the moment she bend over, she had seen a beautiful sketch of herself and she was very amused to see he was embarrassed about it.

He sat still, watching her 'read' for a while. Yet, her eyes stayed on the same page for a long while, because she didn't manage to read another word.

"It was very beautiful, the sketch I mean." Diana looked up with a small smile and he pursed his lips and his cheeks turned a vibrant red, yet it wasn't seen that good as they sat in a corner where the daylight that poured from the window didn't reach.

"There's no need to be embarrassed." She chuckled and he gave her a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry, I should've asked first." He apologised. "Oh, it's quite alright, there's no need to ask, we're friends, Reg." she pointed out.

He nodded slightly, yet the word 'friends' did not sound appealing to him at all. But nothing he could do about it, because the girl in front of him was oblivious to his feelings.

"It is..." she said, tracing the carefully placed strokes with her fingers. She closed the book and put it back, closing the drawer again.

She tried opening the next one, yet it was locked. Diana took out her wand and pointed it at the drawer.

"Alohomora." She said and she heard a click. She opened it and found another book. "Why does this guy have so many damn books?" Sirius chuckled slightly when he said it.

She opened to book, curious on why it was in a Locked drawer. Inside, she found photo's, and lots of them.

They where all old, and she herself was in many of them. She saw all the faces of her friends, laughing and smiling.

"Oh." She heard Sirius behind her. She didn't say anything and just closed the book and put it back.

"Last drawer." She said as she closed the other one, opening a new one. Inside, she found a bunch of flowers -probably spelled to stay alive-and letters.

Tears welled up in her eyes and she just closed it again. "I'll just clean this place up. Thanks, Siri." She stood up and he nodded at her.

Sirius noticed the tears in her eyes and pulled her into a hug. "It alright, little Potter..." he whispered into her ear. "I miss him too." He admitted.

She held him tight until they pulled apart. "I'll leave you to it." Sirius told her before leaving.

Diana breathed in deeply and then took out her wand, starting to clean everything up, getting rid of the dust, washing and drying the sheets with spells, cleaning some weird red stain on the floor and opening the window for some fresh air.

She eventually dropped onto the bed and breathed in the scent of mint and expensive cologne that was somehow still in the sheets.

It didn't take long for her to fall asleep.

She suddenly shot up out of bed. The window in her room told her it was the middle of the night. She laid back down, closing her eyes in attempt to fall asleep.

A minute later she opened then again, cursing to herself as all the sleepiness left her body. After a minute or five she scooted her legs of the bed and stood up, stumbling slightly before she stood straight and headed for the door, her nightgown feeling soft against her skin.

She peeked around the hallway and then slipped out of her room. She forgot to close the door and just sneaked down the stairs, careful not to wake anyone, or worse, that witch in the painting.

Interested she looked around the large house and glanced at expensive vases and beautiful paintings.

She stumbled into a door, there was no label on it, yet it looked like there once had been one. Interested, she opened the door.

It was an empty room, yet the walls where rather interesting.

She watched the roots that crossed and dodged each other. She looked at the paintings of faces and several black spots over the wall.

Her eyes fell on a boy with blonde hair, she stared, quite amused as one of her students known as Draco Malfoy, his parents where there too, his mother -Narcissa Malfoy(Nèe Black)- was connected to Andromeda -who was nonaligned on there-  and Bellatrix.

Those three where all connected to Cygnus Black, who was connected to Walburga and Orion Black. That's how she found them, yet, one was pronounced dead and the other was a big black spot, as he had run away.

Softly she touched the paper, stroking her hand over his name. "I'm so sorry." She whispered yet she didn't really know what she was sorry for.

She heard the door creak and whipped around, but there was no one there. Old house, she supposed, creaks everywhere.

She stood in the room for a bit longer but soon left it behind, hoping to not go back again, yet, that was almost impossible for her.