Chapter 4: Jungkook

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2051

POV: Jungkook 

IT FELT SURREAL.

For the first time in his life, he felt hope that he had actually met his soul mate. Jungkook couldn't believe his luck. If his soul mate was really out in the crowd, it meant he could meet them today. He didn't bother thinking about the logistics of how they would meet—all he cared about was finally looking at the face he had been longing to meet.

His hyungs were all conversing about what to do next. Jungkook had already read the article Jimin had pulled up to them and now, they were debating about how to proceed. Some of them suggested that if this was fate trying to get them to meet, then perhaps their soul mate would be at the meet and greet. In his head, it felt plausible.

Did their soul mate know how they were to them?

He hoped they did and wondered what they thought about the situation. Were they as desperate to meet them?

Jungkook was extremely nervous about meeting his other half. He had just gotten out of a toxic and intense relationship with a trainee called Goo Jin-Ha. She was obsessed with him. Well, the idea of him. He never felt like there were any authentic feelings between the two of them. Their relationship was there to alleviate his true feelings.

He only dated her for five months, but it felt like the worst five months of his life. Breaking up with her was difficult—he shuddered as he recalled how she latched onto his arm, her long nails digging into his skin. She begged him to not break up with her.

Jungkook knew she was only with him because of who he was.

He prayed his soul mate wasn't anything like Jin-Ha.

"—so, should we just hope our soul mate got expensive tickets to the meet and greet?" Taehyung thought aloud, frowning.

"He has a point, hyung," Jimin added. "We need to find another way."

Before any of them could come up with a solution, Sejin stalked in. "It's time for the meet and greet. Everybody is already inside."

Butterflies formed in Jungkook's stomach. This could be the moment he and his friends had been waiting for.

One by one, they all left the room and followed Sejin.

"Oh, by the way, we put the new policy into place," Jungkook overheard Sejin say to Namjoon. Suddenly, Namjoon's face went ashen.

"What policy?" He piped up, curious and worried. What had Namjoon and Sejin implemented? Based on Namjoon's face, it wasn't good.

Sejin explained, unaware of Namjoon's reaction. "Since there were so many...issues with fans claiming to be your soul mate, Namjoon and I decided it would be best if we questioned fans before they saw you. If they were visiting because they thought they were your soul mate, then they aren't allowed to see you."