Chapter 14 - Taehyung

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2202

POV: Taehyung 

THEY HAD LANDED in America yesterday evening after filming a video to post on social media. Sejin didn't want their fans suspecting they were not in Korea—he knew it would be havoc if ARMY knew they were in America.

Taehyung stretched his tense muscles as he slid out of bed. On the other side of the room was Jimin, who was snoring softly. He shielded his eyes from the harsh sun rays that filtered through the blinds, squinting his eyes to get a look at the city. His fluffy bed hair was a mess and when he stared at the mirror, he wasn't surprised to see it was all over the place. His mother used to claim when he woke up, it looked like he had been whisked around in a hurricane.

He hopped into the shower and let the warm water soothe his qualms. Today, they would be meeting their soul mate. At least, that was what they had heard. Freya, the woman Namjoon had been corresponding with, had been rather vague on things. Not only did that worry Taehyung, but it worried the others too. The whole week, he had been a little snappy with his family. They were all understanding since they felt something wasn't right.

Taehyung's soul felt...off, to put it mildly. He hadn't slept well over the past few days and when he did, his dreams were consumed with today going horribly wrong. Last night, he and Jimin spoke for hours about their fears. He was thankful for one of the people who was the closest to him.

Jimin was awake by the time Taehyung finished showering. He smiled at his best friend and excused himself to relieve his business. A message from the band's group chat startled Taehyung and drew his attention.

[WWH] Good morning! Breakfast is in my room today. What shall I order?

[SleepySuga] Coffee.

[Hope] Coffee is needed. Kookie is still fast asleep. Maybe some banana milk as well?

[WWH] Yah! You need to wake him up! We've got an interview in an hour.

Taehyung groaned at the reminder. They had decided to do an interview that would be released next week. It was for a national magazine and was on their last album.

[Tae] Do we have to do it?

[Joonie] Yes. It's already been booked. If we cancel it last minute, they could reveal we're in Minnesota.

Taehyung released a long breath. Namjoon, as usual, was right. They wanted to keep their appearance in America a secret. They didn't want the world to find out they were searching for their soul mate, who could quite possibly be in Minnesota.