Chapter 29: Madeline

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2989

THE DAY HAD gone extremely well for Madeline

THE DAY HAD gone extremely well for Madeline. Her initial nervousness towards them soon evaporated and she found herself having a splendid time with them.

Yoongi and Taehyung were two very different characters. While Taehyung was loud, spontaneous, and open, Yoongi was very introverted, quiet, and wise. Still, they both showed their true characters to her, never lying to her. Their honesty was honestly admirable. She had dealt with people in the past who plastered fake smiles on their faces; saying one thing but meaning something entirely different.

She knew that her views on the whole situation were slowly changing. She couldn't deny that they were trying their hardest to make her believe they wanted her.

When she returned home, her three brothers hounded her for information. Slightly overwhelmed by the million questions thrown at her, she politely but firmly asked them to give her a minute to process what happened.

The boys had respected her wishes to not push her too far. Like Hobi and Jungkook, they asked her simple and light questions about what her favorite color was to what food she disliked the most. It was a good way to start getting to know her. She also learned a lot about them too.

Bonding with Yoongi had felt just as good as it had with the others. She shocked herself by not freaking out or running away. A part of her was relieved to have another bond secured. She liked feeling another presence inside of her soul. She was still wary of what was happening and wanted to continue to take it slow but she was also open to trying more.

They had gotten a toastie after the cafe and wandered around her town. The boys were always interested in what she had to say. Even when they didn't entirely understand parts of the history surrounding the town, they never stopped her from talking. She realized they just wanted to hear her talk freely.

She had asked them if they felt homesick. They both exchanged looks and laughed at that. Taehyung eventually informed her that since they traveled so often, they were used to being away from Korea. As long as they had each other, they never felt sad about being away from home.

It warmed her heart to know that they considered each other family. The fact they all shared a soul mate didn't seem to affect their relationship. In fact, it only brought them closer.

That night, she went to bed with a small, hopeful smile on her face. If they continued to act the way they had been acting, then she knew that she would fall easily.

Her dreams were full of them. They all caressed her face adoringly—looking at her the way lovers did. She couldn't get enough of the attention. She didn't realize how starved she was of loving attention until they made an appearance.