Chapter 19: Madeline

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2342

HOURS HAD PASSED since Madeline 'woke' up

HOURS HAD PASSED since Madeline 'woke' up. The men—she had lost count of how many there were—had taken a good two hours to get ready for bed. When they stopped talking and started to snore lightly, she knew they were asleep.

Madeline grew bored of her non-existent thoughts. She wanted to wake up and get out of this room. She wanted to find out exactly what happened.

But, alas, she was stuck.

So, she started to try moving her body. First, it was her toes that wiggled. Then her fingers. And finally, her face would scrunch up. Relieved, Madeline worked on opening her eyes. With great difficulty, her brown orbs managed to flutter open.

She was in a dark room. There were a few vivid lights coming from machinery that were hooked up to her body.

For a moment, she lay awake and stared at the pitch-black ceiling. Her mind was going into overdrive, trying to make sense of the situation. The 'dream' she had was still very present in her mind, causing her nerves to increase. She couldn't shake what her 'mom' had said to her.

No, not now. She scolded herself, pushing it to the back of her mind. She had other things to deal with first. Like getting out of the room and finding out what the hell was happening.

Madeline felt like she was Beatrice in Kill Bill who had just woken up from a five-year coma. Whilst she was semi-certain she hadn't been in a five-year coma, like Beatrice, her body was weak. It had taken her a long time to come this far, she wondered what would happen when she stood up.

Nonetheless, she ignored her body's warning not to move and slowly lifted her upper body up. Grunting quietly, she used the bed's handles to assist her. Her body screamed at her to get up.