Chapter 12: Madeline

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2394

MADELINE WOKE UP early the next day, ready to meet Jensen and the soul doctor

MADELINE WOKE UP early the next day, ready to meet Jensen and the soul doctor. She had an outfit in mind as she washed her face in the sink they had in their room. Billie was fast asleep in her bed, unaware of Madeline.

She couldn't pinpoint what she was feeling at the moment. She wouldn't say she was excited or eager but she was hopeful. Hopeful that she would be chosen and given the medication. She was sure this was what she wanted.

The outfit was simple but comfortable. After brushing her frizzy hair, making it presentable, she grabbed her bag and phone and left the room. When she got back, she would tell Billie what happened last night. She would even admit she was going to try a new drug.

Madeline didn't know how Billie would react. They were still getting to know each other and she wasn't sure if Billie would be on her side or not.

Jensen asked to meet her on the campus lawn. She arrived a few minutes early and scanned the area for Jensen's tall frame.

Wearing a bomber jacket and black jeans, he approached her confidently, his long legs striding along the path quickly. As usual, he received many glances from men and women. No matter where they went, people had to stop and stare at him. He was too beautiful to not look at.

In another world, perhaps she'd be lucky enough to date him.

"Hello," He greeted enthusiastically. "Did you sleep well?"

Madeline was never one for small talk. She wanted to get to the appointment as soon as possible.

"Yeah, did you?" She replied, being polite.

He nodded his head and opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by her cell phone. Biting her bottom lip, Madeline dug through her back and found it buried under her purse. Freya's name popped up on the screen.