Chapter 39: Jimin

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2310

POV: Jimin

HIS HEART WAS pounding in his chest.

Around him, his brothers were rushing around the house, getting themselves ready for tonight. They still had hours and other things to do before they were going to meet the rest of Madeline's family.

Her family. He was terrified. He had met her dad, stepmom, cousin, and brothers but not her mom.

Jimin had never experienced this before. Whilst some of his hyungs had, it had never been their soul mates' family. Terrified that he would be judged for not looking perfect, he wore a presentable suit and styled his hair formally.

The plan—according to Madeline—was to head over to her father's house, where the rest of her family would be there. It's only for a meal, She had told them, appearing just as nervous as them.

This was a big deal to her too. From everything she had disclosed about her mother, Madeline had originally intended to keep her away from them. But now she wanted to prove she was serious about them.

It warmed his heart to know she was doing this for them.

"You ready Jimin?" Jin softly knocked on his door and peeked through the small gap.

Jimin glanced over his shoulder, dragging his eyes away from the mirror. "Yes, I think so." He exhaled loudly, straightening his already-pressed suit jacket. "Are we heading off now?"

"Yes, Namjoon is insisting we arrive early. He wants to make a good impression." Jin informed him. Jin was wearing formal attire too and looked like the respectable man he was. "Come on, let's walk down together."

He followed after his hyung and tried to ignore his racing heart. It wasn't easy to keep his thoughts straight when he knew that this could affect his relationship with Madeline. They were slowly spending more time together and he didn't want to ruin his chances.

"Hyung," Jimin called Jin, causing the elder to stop. Jin turned around to face him, sensing Jimin's anxiety. "You briefly met her mom. Do you think she'll at least give us a chance?"

Jin pinched his lips together and took a moment to reply. "I hope so but from everything Madeline has told us, it seems unlikely. We have the support of the rest of her family, Jimin. I think that's enough."

Jimin chewed on his bottom lip, "But she's still Madeline's mom. That means something."

"Yes, it does." Jin sighed, averting his eyes to the plain wall. "Come on, we can't think negatively. We have to be strong. We are strong."

Jimin repeated his hyung's words like a mantra. Together, they couldn't be defeated.

The rest of BTS were waiting for them to arrive. Jungkook and Taehyung were quietly talking to each other, whilst Yoongi appeared ready to go back to bed. Namjoon and Hobi seemed to be the only ones excited about this.

"Are we ready to head off?" Namjoon clapped his hands, gaining all of their attention. It was clear in moments like this why Namjoon was their leader. He took charge when he needed to and always had their best interests at heart.

"Yep," Jin replied, swiping the car keys off the table.

They hopped into their rented van. It felt very similar to the car they had back in Korea.