Chapter 15: Jimin

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 1906

POV: Jimin

THE SECOND THE doors opened, Jimin felt his hopeful heart deflate.

The pretty woman standing before them was not their soul mate. He could tell in an instant. There was no electricity in the air—his heart didn't burst or skip a beat.

Was this MS? The person who had the same initials as their soul mate? If this was the person they had invited, then they had failed to locate their soul mate. Again.

Around Jimin, the rest of the boys showed visible distress and heartache. They really thought they were close.

The pretty young woman stared at them in wonder, her eyes shining with awe. Jimin wondered whether this girl was MS or Freya. Either way, they weren't the person they wanted desperately. Pretending to act interested or friendly would prove to be difficult.

He was so close. They were so close.

Namjoon, the leader and the first person to get them out of situations, politely smiled at the girl.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you." He said in English. Over the past few years, Jimin has been studying English for interviews. He wasn't as fluent as Namjoon but he had improved drastically. Taehyung was the one who struggled the most. He could tell that his close friend had to recite the words in his head to translate them.

Jimin watched the girl swiftly move closer to them and bow. "It's an honor to meet you. My name is Freya."

The second her name left her lips, he perked upwards. If this was Freya, then maybe there was still a chance.

"My name is Namjoon. You can call me Namjoon or RM. Whatever is easier for you."

She smiled brightly, "I already know all of your names, Namjoon-ssi." She told them, surprising them with her formal language. She seemed to know the way they addressed each other in Korean. Had she studied? "I'm a big fan."

Hobi moved forward, revealing his sunshine exterior. "Why don't you come and sit down?" He gestured to the only single seat opposite them.

Freya gracefully sat down opposite them, eyeing each of them with a fond expression. "I—uh know you're not here for me."

That startled all of them. They hadn't revealed the truth about why they had arranged this.

"My cousin...she's probably the reason you're here." She added, chewing on her bottom lip.