Chapter 40: Madeline

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2157

"WELL, THAT WAS surprising," Hobi mused as they exited Madeline's house

They all chuckled, still shocked by her revelation. What she had said inside her house had all been true. She had dropped a bombshell and had lived for their reaction. It was exactly how she imagined it.

She knew that they would be surprised—maybe even in disbelief. But she also knew they would be happy. She was going to show them she was committed. She wanted to be with them. They had opened her eyes and shown her that she had been wrong.

"How do you feel about your mom's reaction?" Taehyung slung an arm around her shoulders and asked her.

Madeline recalled her mom's reaction. At first, she had been so passive and even harsh. But after confronting her—which was a scary feat—her mom had said something unbelievable.

"It's your life, Madeline. I won't interfere anymore." That was all she said. But Madeline knew that meant she would not intervene, no matter what happened. In a way, she was letting Madeline go.

Madeline also knew it meant her mother hadn't accepted her soul mates.

They didn't seem disheartened. Despite her mother's coldness, the rest of her family welcomed them with open arms. It had been successful. Thus, they were happy.

"What should we do now?" They asked no one in particular. Though, she knew they were hoping she'd spend more time with them.

"I—" Her voice got caught in her throat. Madeline was getting better with her confidence but there were still moments when she faltered. This was one of those moments. "Would you guys like to watch a movie? Or just hang?"

Smiles lit up their faces. Her relief was immediate as she grabbed onto Hobi's hand.

"That would be lovely," He replied softly. "But going to the cinema could be problematic. Would you mind coming to our place instead?"

"I don't mind," She quipped back instantly.

"Let's head off then, shall we?" Namjoon instructed, heading towards their large van. Madeline followed after him, keeping her hands entwined with Hobi's. He was wearing a big smile on his face, pleased. She noticed the others occasionally threw envious looks her way but they were never to the point it became alarming. At the end of the day, they respected each other's bond to her.

She sat in the middle of the van, between Jungkook and Hobi. Fatigue suddenly took over her body, causing her head to fall onto Jungkook's shoulder. Her eyelids began to flutter shut on their own accord.