Chapter 10: Madeline

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2573

THERE WAS SOMETHING fishy about Billie's demeanor

THERE WAS SOMETHING fishy about Billie's demeanor. She had dragged Madeline into their dorm room and had searched their wardrobes from head to toe. For two hours, Billie helped her get ready for something. Madeline asked and asked but didn't get a single answer. All she could see was a smirk on Madeline's face.

When the clock struck seven, Madeline was pushed out of the room and dragged down the hall. Madeline passed several people who sent her strange looks and continued to follow Billie as quickly as possible.

A car that Madeline had never seen before pulled to a stop in front of them and a man with dark skin rolled down the window. He smiled and waved at the both of them.

"Hey Billie, your local taxi man is here," He joked whilst Billie winked.

"Right on time as well. That's surprising." She replied, checking her phone.

"Well you said it was urgent," He replied, glancing at Madeline for the first time. "Hiya, you look very pretty."

Madeline felt a blush crawl up her neck to her cheeks. She wasn't used to compliments and never would be. "Thanks."

Billie rolled her eyes, "We're on the clock, remember? We need to hurry. Don't want to be late."

Billie gestured for Madeline to get in the car. Warily, she did whilst Billie climbed in the front. The music playing did nothing to calm Madeline's nerves, despite it being soft and slow. Her brown orbs drifted from the seat in front of her to the window, where the dark sky was illuminated by city lights and stars.

Billie and the man—whose name she had yet to know—made small talk. Madeline listened in for a little bit, hoping to get an idea of what was happening. But they only talked about parties and people Madeline didn't know.