Chapter 42: Taehyung

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 1668

"NO, EOMMA, SHE'S really everything I hoped for and more," Taehyung joyfully told his mother over the phone as he stared fondly at his soul mate through the garden window. She was busy washing the dishes with Hobi and Jungkook, unaware of his intense, loving stare. 

His relationship with his parents had always been strong. They had always known he wanted to find his soul mate. He was lucky that they were always so supportive of him. When they had first decided to visit America, his mom was the first person he told.

"I'm happy for you," His mother replied softly. He could picture an endearing, pleased smile on her aging face. "So, when are you planning to come home?"

The smile on his face dropped. It was a subject he and his brothers had avoided for the past few weeks. They knew that they couldn't stay here forever, no matter how much they wanted to. Whilst they were on hiatus, it was not permanent. They had contracts to fulfill—jobs to go back to. They couldn't stay in this blissful bubble forever.

"I—I don't know," He mumbled, staring longingly at Madeline. He wished that they didn't live so far apart.

The topic of the future had been avoided for so long but now, he knew it was time to start thinking and talking about it.

They had just got Madeline to accept them and now they had to ask how their relationship would go. Asking her to move to Korea felt too soon—she was happy at college. But they couldn't remain in America. They had duties that couldn't be neglected in Seoul.

"Oh, darling," His mother's voice brought a slither of comfort. She was always on his side—always willing to help or comfort him whenever he was stressed or nervous. For most of his life, she had been his rock. When he first told his parents that he was going to be a trainee, she was immediately on his side. She never doubted him, not for a second. "Don't be scared of the future. You're meant to be—you will find a way to be together."

He hummed in agreement, trying to convince himself that it was possible. he wanted a happy ending like his parents had. 

"I know, Eomma. I just...I don't want to be apart from her. Not when we finally found her." He revealed. His chest tightened at the thought of being away from her again.

"I hate hearing you sound like this," His mother commented, her voice laced with empathy. "I wish I could give you a big hug."

The corners of his lips twitched upwards at her words.

He flicked his brown orbs up to the window where his soul mate was talking to Namjoon and Jungkook. She threw her head back and laughed at something Hobi did. Taehyung assumed he was joking around again. Jungkook's innocent smile appeared on his face.

It looked like a wholesome scene. One Taehyung wished would never disappear.

"When you met Dad, how did you manage the distance?" Taehyung couldn't help but ask.

He knew the story of his parents well—including that his mom and dad lived on opposite sides of South Korea. Since neither had a lot of money, they couldn't be together for a few years until they saved enough money.

Taehyung couldn't fathom how painful it was until now. His parents spent three years living separately, occasionally meeting up until they could be together.