Chapter 24: Seokjin

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 3228

POV: Jin

"SHE REALLY DOESN'T believe what we're saying, hyung," Jungkook muttered under his breath softly. A sorrowful expression danced on his face, highlighting his nervousness.

Jin patted his back gently. He didn't want to admit his thoughts to the others. He didn't want to scare them.

But the truth was, he was absolutely terrified. Their soul mate genuinely believed they were tricking her. Madeline wanted to be as far away from them as possible. She even believed they'd leave her once she got better.

What was supposed to be the happiest moments of their lives, had turned dark. Their soul mate was too afraid to be with them and so, she had resorted to blocking off any feelings she had for them. It was so bad that she had abused using soul suppressants and wound up in the hospital.

When Jin was a small child, he dreamed of being with his soul mate. It was the one thing he wanted more than anything.

Whilst he loved his job and ARMY, he wouldn't be anything if he didn't have that hope of being with his soul mate.

Madeline.

He finally knew her name and what she looked like. She was gorgeous but not in a traditional way. His initial impression of her was that she was quite reserved. She appeared to not be the type of person that trusted easily. He could understand that—after becoming famous, it was hard for him to trust people as easily. Unfortunately, he had come across many people who only wanted to use him.

Internally, he shuddered as a mental image of Mi-Rae popped up. She didn't want him. She thrived and adored being the girlfriend of THE Kim Seokjin.

"It feels so...cruel," Jungkook admitted, reluctantly. Jin could tell Jungkook didn't want to think of his soul mate as someone cruel or bad but after what had happened earlier, he could see why Jungkook was conflicted.

"I think our soul mate has been through a lot of pain. What you're seeing is her defense mechanisms. Did you see her face earlier, when we explained why she was turned away in Seoul?"

Jungkook shook his head and furrowed his brows together. "No?"

Jin readjusted his position so he could fully face Jungkook. "She looked hopeful, Kookie."

"Hopeful that we were telling the truth?"

"And that there could be a future with us," Jin added, causing a spark to ignite inside of him.