Chapter 33: Madeline

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2025

WHEN SHE RETURNED to college, everything felt different

WHEN SHE RETURNED to college, everything felt different. Her life had taken a drastic turn and caused her to view things in a whole new light. Before, Madeline wouldn't bat an eye at soul mates who were openly showing affection to each other. Now though, she couldn't help but glance at them in envy.

A pang of longing erupted in her chest every time she spotted a couple. She wanted that.

However, she had a long way to go before she could let herself be free like that. And then, even when she was ready, there was the case of the fans. BTS had many fans and a lot of them could be...protective of the members. Many wished to be their soul mate and would do anything to be with them. Madeline was worried about the backlash she would face when everything was revealed. Would she receive death threats? Would fans batter her online? It was a scary thought.

"Yo, Mads," A cheerful voice sounded from behind her. Spinning around, internally glad for the distraction, she faced Billie, her new friend. Billie had played an important role in helping Madeline open up to her soul mates. Because of this, Madeline felt like she owed her new friend a great deal. "You alright?"

"Oh yeah, I'm good. Just lost in my own world." She explained, forcing a smile on her face.

Billie assessed her look, seeming to be able to see right through her. It was unnerving, to say the least. "Well, whatever you say. How does it feel to be back on campus? I bet you missed all of the hormonal and drunk teenagers."

"One hundred percent. Nothing beats watching young couples go full-rated R in the corridors."

Billie snorted, "Tell me about it. Can you believe I used to be like that in high school? Gross."

Madeline never knew what it was like to have a boyfriend in high school. She always stuck to herself, believing she was happier that way. As more people came into her life, she was starting to see she was wrong.

"Anyways, do you have many lectures today?"

"Two—Art history and then theory." She answered, already dreading both topics. She was a practical person at heart. Madeline wanted to get stuck in and paint. "What about you?"

Billie groaned, "I have a shit tonne of accounting stuff to catch up on. It's going to be a nightmare." Despite acting like she'd rather do anything else, Madeline knew Billie loved accounting. She was crazy about numbers.

"That's a shame. Did you wanna do something after?" Madeline asked.

"I would but I have a date," Billie replied, smirking back at her.