Chapter 25 - Madeline

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2386

SHE WAS FINALLY home again

SHE WAS FINALLY home again. After spending a full, agonizing week in the hospital, Madeline had finally been given the all-clear. She had started to feel like she would lose her mind if she spent another minute in that stuffy room.

Throughout the past week, her soul mates had tried to speak to her—to get her to open up. She had always answered politely, but briefly. A big part of her wanted to join in on their jokes, to ask them about their lives, but she didn't want to give them the wrong impression.

She also knew that if she started to show an interest, she would fall for their personalities and inevitably have her heart broken. It was hard to convince herself that they had bad intentions, especially when they had been nothing but kind and loving towards her. Each day, they all did simple, cute things for her.

For instance, one morning, Taehyung came in with a hot chocolate filled with whipped cream, marshmallows, and cookies. When he saw that she enjoyed it a lot, he kept bringing it to her each morning. It had become a routine and she hated to admit she looked forward to getting it.

Jin always made her a grilled cheese toastie that tasted amazing. She couldn't get enough of it. She wondered how he knew it was one of her favorite foods.

Namjoon always left in the afternoon and returned with a book. Strangely, he seemed to know the type of books she liked to read. Once again, she loathed how much she enjoyed receiving them.

Hobi, who could literally be described as a ray of sunshine, would put on a comedy show in the evenings. He always joked about something that happened and even acted out parts of the show in a funny way. She never said much to him but she listened. It was difficult not to laugh at some of the stuff he did.

Jimin and Jungkook were a bit shyer about doing things for her. But that didn't stop them. They both took it in turns to take her for a walk, even though she didn't speak much. Sometimes they would both go with her and sometimes they'd go individually. They respected her privacy and never made her feel uncomfortable.