Chapter 21 - Madeline

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 1927

THE SECOND TIME Madeline woke up, it was daylight

She was lying in the same bed as last time and felt more energized.

Internally, she frowned. She distinctly remembered falling asleep in Val's room. If she was back in her hospital bed, it meant she had been found. Perhaps the men who had been in the room with her with her had woken up and gone searching for her. She groaned at the thought.

Who were they?

She could hear voices speaking in a different language—she understood parts even though she didn't know any other language. That puzzled her even more. Based on the language, she knew they were speaking in Korean.

Her mind instantly went to her soul mates. They were Korean. Was it possible her soul mates were in America—in her hospital room? It felt crazy...too crazy. There was no way they'd be in her room with her. They wouldn't even be able to find her.

Then her train of thoughts drifted to Freya. She had said they wanted to meet. But...she had told her she didn't want that to happen. Did Freya go behind her back? Was that why Freya had booked a hotel? The more she thought about it, the more her head hurt. There was a lot to consider. 

No matter how Madeline looked at the situation, she refused to believe BTS was in Minnesota. The thought felt too good to be true. Why would they be here? Even if the email Freya got was true, they'd never come here. They didn't even want to meet their soul mate.

This time, she was more reluctant to open her eyes. She was scared to look at the people in the room and find out if she was right or wrong. 

Her thought process had spiralled so much, she didn't even realize the tingling sensation in her body. Nor did she notice how her soul mark itched.