Chapter 20 - Namjoon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2207

POV: Namjoon

NAMJOON WOKE UP startled.

Panting, he jerked upright, his breathing heavy. He clutched his heart tightly, alarmed by his sudden state. He couldn't remember having a nightmare. It was as if his body demanded he wake up like it knew something was wrong.

Forcing himself to control his breathing, he rubbed his eyes tiredly and examined his friends. They were all still sleeping soundly, except for Jimin. The oldest maknae was rolling from side to side in the makeshift bed with sweat dripping down his forehead.

Namjoon crawled over to the low bed and gently shook Jimin.

Like Namjoon, Jimin jolted awake, panicking. "Where is she?" He was asking in a rush, worried.

Namjoon immediately knew what he was talking about. Their beloved soul mate.

For the past four days, they had been camping in the hospital room with her, praying she'd wake up. It had been a tough few days and barely any of them slept. They were all worried she'd never wake up. What was worse was they knew what was wrong with her.

Madeline Smith had been abusing the soul suppressants she had been prescribed. Her body had consumed so many of those awful pills that it needed time to heal. What caused her to collapse was her soul was denying the pills. It didn't want to mute the bond they shared.

Doctor Lorn—who had been selected as her personal doctor—said there was no estimate of how long it'd take her to wake up. Her body and soul are healing. They need time. She'll wake up when she's ready. He had told them two days ago. Since then, they all refused to leave the hospital. Thankfully, the room had a private en-suite for them to use. Sejin visited three times a day with clothes and food.

The only time the seven left her room was when her cousin and brother visited. Freya had reluctantly revealed that she hadn't told the rest of Madeline's family what had happened yet. Apparently, most of her family were very set on soul mates so they'd be beyond upset that she'd chosen to take soul suppressants. Freya didn't want to be the one to break the news to them.

Madeline's oldest brother, Creed, didn't really speak to them. The first time Namjoon met him, he sensed an air of brotherly protection around him. Namjoon wondered if Creed harbored any distaste for them since they put her through this.

They had yet to discover more about her family. From the small bits and pieces that had been said, he got the impression her family was not the usual functional family.