Chapter 23 - Madeline

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2433

MADELINE DID NOT expect BTS to stay with her, even after that awkward conversation

MADELINE DID NOT expect BTS to stay with her, even after that awkward conversation. They each dedicated time alone with her, attempting to strike up a conversation. After an hour of that happening, Madeline stood up on wobbly feet, causing the closest member to rush over.

Hoseok looked brighter than the sun. His unkempt hair somehow worked so well for him. And his blinding smile was hard to resist. His brown orbs centered on her, holding her gaze captive. She had watched many BTS videos and knew that he could turn into an enchanting man when he wanted to.

The look he gave her right now made her crumble. How was she supposed to survive when he looked at her like that?

His arm slid around her waist; his body heat seared through the thin cloth. His other hand accidentally brushed over her hand, igniting the bond. Madeline stifled a gasp. She had experienced the effect with Taehyung but she still couldn't prepare herself for the onslaught of emotions.

Namjoon and Jimin were the only ones who had bonded with her whilst she was sleeping. If she was conscious of that, she wondered if bonding with her fourth soul mate would feel easier. Probably not.

It occurred to her that maybe her soul mates were using opportunities like this to touch her. Four had already kick-started the bond. There were only three left.

Once all seven had turned her marks gold, they would be bonded for life. Rejection would be a lot harder.

"I've got you," He muttered in Korean. Since she had already bonded with three of her soul mates—well, four now—she instantly knew what he said. It felt too weird for her.

"I—," She stuttered, pathetically. Hobi seemed to place a facade that he had recovered quicker than her. His eyes glinted with pride and adoration as he stared into her wide orbs. "I'm good now. You can let go."