Chapter 3 Sarah Cameron

3rd pov

The boys were still doing chores, it had been twenty minutes since the incident. John B broke the silence. ''what the hell was that Rowan?''. RJ looked up at his brother using his whole name.

''oh, uh. It's not good when you use my name like that, JB''. John B rolled his eyes at his brother's comment. ''RJ I'm not kidding man. You know how Rafe can be, don't get me started on Topper dude. I know you want to piss them off, but do you think it's the right way. I mean Rafe's sister and Topper's girlfriend. It's like you want to get beaten up''.

This made the brown haired boy's turn to roll his eyes at his brother. ''you gotta calm down JB. I'm just goofing around. Also wasn't it you who wanted me to go back to have fun? Sarah is her own person. Topper nor Rafe can't tell her who to speak to and what to do. Jeez man. I didn't start anything. They did. Me and Sarah was talking''.

This made John B's eyes furrow. ''I saw RJ''. ''saw what?''. He scoffed. ''I went to check where you were and I saw you and Sarah close to each other. Like real close. Kissing close. I left because I didn't want to interrupt something, then I came back when I heard Rafe''.

RJ had a stern face towards his brother. ''dude nothing happened between us. We are just friends, or rather we tolerate each other. Nothing more. It's Sarah Cameron. Do you think I would fall for someone like her?''. ''actually yes, because even if you don't see it I do. I see you have something towards her, and I see her have something towards you''.

''JB get your head in focus. I don't like her like that, and she doesn't like me like that. She has a boyfriend and I am...''. ''single'', John B cut his brother off. ''what do you know?''. ''oh, I know''.

Before anything could be said the boys phone went off. It was from JJ in their group message.

''we have to check out that motel key. When are you guys done?''.

Rowan sighed and looked up to his brother.

''we have more things to do. You go and figure it out. I'll do the rest of the work and meet you later''.

''you sure RJ. I mean we can finish it both and go together''.

''no it's okay. It's better to do it now. Just maybe speak to the coast guard and see what he knows''. ''sure will do'', he said smiling to his older brother.

RJ nodded and went back to look at his phone. There he began to answer back to JJ's message.

''Johnny boy will meet you now. I still have some work to do. So, I'll meet you there''.

RJ looked back up. ''now go Johnny''. John B nodded and sprinted away.

RJ laughed as his brother sprinted. ''doofus'', he muttered under his breath.

----

It had been one hour and RJ was finally done with his work.

He took his phone and sent a message to the group.

''done with the work. Come and get me''.

One minute went and he got a response.

''on our way big bro'', John B texted back.

It went another minute and he got another message.

''ah, doesn't lover boy want to be at the Cameron's anymore. To be with his girl''.

RJ scoffed for himself as he texted back.

''ah, does JJ not have a love life. That he have to pry in other's''.

JJ didn't answer back.

''and she's not my girl'', he also muttered for himself as he sent it.

''who isn't your girl?''. He heard a familiar voice behind him. He turned around and was met by the one and only Sarah Cameron.

''you like to sneak up on people don't you? Or is it just me in general?'', he said smirking.

The kook princess rolled her eyes at the pogue boy. ''do you always have to be that cocky?''.

''well, not always but sometimes. It's a part of my charm princess''.

''guess you call every girl that''. ''what? You mean princess? Actually no. Just you princess''.

Sarah stepped a little more closer to the boy, not that close.

''look I just wanted to apologize for Topper and Rafe. You didn't deserve that''.

RJ looked into her eyes. ''it's not your fault. It's them who should apologize not you Sarah. I'm cool with it. If they do something I'll be okay, I can handle myself''.

Sarah smiled towards the boy. ''that's good to know. I know me and you haven't had the best relationship, but I want to change that''. ''you mean you want me as your boyfriend and drop Topper? I mean Sarah, damn. Didn't think that. Like I'm flattered, but I don't think of you in that way'', he said in a teasing tone.

This made the blonde roll her eyes, but she grew a small smile which he noticed.

''you know that's not what I meant and something tells me you may think of me like that''. RJ rolled his eyes. ''yeah, but it's fun teasing you and no I don't''.

Then they heard a boat. They both looked to see it was the boy's friends.

''see your gang is here to pick you up''. ''yep my gang, my family'', the boy said.

JJ who was on the boat, stood up. He began to make kissing sounds, which all saw and heard.

Kie elbowed him in the abondmen. He groaned.

RJ turned back to Sarah. ''if you saw that, which I guess you did. I'm sorry for him''. She giggled. ''it's okay. I know how JJ can be at times''. ''yeah, well I gotta go. Tell your dad I did all what he wanted me to and some extra. I'll see you soon princess''.

RJ took his shirt back on and with one last look at Sarah he sprinted to the boat and jumped on board. There he greeted everyone except JJ. He gave him a slap on the head.

''what's that for?'', the blonde boy asked. ''you know?''. ''ah, for interrupting your special time with your princess. Yep I heard''. This made Kie slap the boy. ''jeez can everyone stop slapping me. John B drive''.

That he did. John B began to drive away.

Sarah who was looking at them couldn't help but smile as she saw them leaving. She smiled at the sight of the group, and she smiled at the sight of RJ looking happy.

She doesn't know what she feels for the boy, but she knows it's something she hasn't felt before.

To be continued