Chapter 39 crazy lady

RJ's pov

We were in the basement and at the spot where we think the gold is. We looked down to see how deep down it was. I gulped at the sight.

''hey Pope? How deep do you think it is?'', I asked him. He looked back at me and shrugged. ''to be honest RJ, I don't have a clue''. ''great'', I mumbled for myself.

I saw my brother getting closer. ''dude what the hell are you doing?''. He looked back at me. ''doing what you're not. I mean you clearly are scared''. ''pfft what? No, JB you ain't going down there. I'll do it''. He eyed me. ''remember when you got shoved and broke your arm?''. ''bro that's a little hard'', JJ interfered. ''no, JJ cause he got hurt. I'm with John B on this one. He's not hurt, so he has a better chance'', Pope chimed in.

I huffed. ''fine if you're playing that card. Be my guest brother''.

John B's pov

I look down then back at the boys. ''yo I have one request?''. ''and that's what?'', Pope asked. ''don't drop me. Yes JJ, it was more hinted to you'', I said looking at him.

He scoffed. ''wow thanks John B. Good to see you have trust in me''.

I didn't respons to that.

I didn't wait any longer and gave the boys the rope and began to attach myself to it.

I let out a breath I was holding. ''See you soon, boys''.

The I went down.

3rd pov

The three boys were slowly sliding John B down the well. JJ wanted to have some fun. So, of course he pretended to drop the youngest Routledge brother.

''JJ, I swear to god man'', they heard John B yell. ''JJ, don't. You want that gold, or you want John B to kick your ass?'', Pope asked the Maybank boy. ''fine, I was just having a little fun. You know loosen up a bit. Something you should do sometimes Pope. It'll be good for you''.

It went quiet after that, and the boys kept going.

Suddenly JJ stopped pulling the rope down. ''dude what the hell?'', RJ asked as he looked at the Maybank boy. ''just wait a second. I'm just gonna get situated, then we'll keep going'', he answered as he fixed himself.

''fine, just hurry'', John B yelled from underneath.

JJ began to grunt and before he knew, he had let go of the rope. ''JJ''. The Maybank boy looked up and his eyes began to wide. ''shit''.

All of the boys quickly took a hold of it and using their strength to pull it back up. Luckily that was enough for then to gain the control back.

''JB, you alright down there'', RJ asked with concerne in his voice. ''fortunately, but not thanks to JJ. I told you not to drop me dipshit''. ''I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. It just glipped''. RJ smacked JJ's head real fast before risking losing the rope. ''hey'', the Maybank boy yelled. He narrowed his eyes at the boy. ''that was for almost killing my brother''. ''it wasn't on purpose'', he told.

''what the hell happened?'', John B asked. ''uh, just technical difficulties'', Pope answered. ''don't let it happen again''. ''aye, aye captain''. ''keep going and be careful. I don't want to end up as a flat pancake''. ''will do brother''.

''yo we're at there soon. It's just 15 feet left. Do you see the bottom? Are you close?''. ''uh, I don't know Pope. Just keep going and we'll see''.

''yo I think I am at the bottom. It's like water here'', the boy yelled up to the others. ''okay shall we keep going or are your feet at the bottom?''. ''just a little. Keep going and I'll say stop''. The boys did.

''stop, now I'm at the bottom'', he let the boys know.

The three boys let out a relief sigh. ''good how is it there?'', JJ asked. ''worse than we thought and it also smells like shit down here and I mean more shit than RJ's room at the chateu''. Pope and JJ began to laugh. ''okay, now I'm glad I stayed up here'', Pope said.

RJ rolled his eyes. ''actually that smell wasn't from me. It was from your socks that you threw at my room last year. Since then the smell had stayed. So, That's on you that my room smells'', he said with a mischievous smile.

''dang, he got you there John B''

Pope had enough. ''Enough with that you two. John B find anything gold?''.

John B looked around. ''uh, not yet''. As he turned in the water he could feel something touching his foot. ''I might have something, just wait a second''. He takes a deep breath and dive underneath.

He came up and looked at the thing, or rather a skull. ''guys pull me the fuck up. Pull me the fuck up, RIGHT NOW'', he said tossing the skull back down.

''you heard him, push him up. Use your muscles boys'', JJ rushed them. ''yeah JJ use YOUR muscle'', RJ mocked.

''Fuck off RJ. Don't forget I was the one who joined you with the workouts''.

RJ smirked. ''yet I'm the stronger and leaner one''.

''jeez RJ, JJ focus''.

As they were going to pull him up, suddenly John B saw something. ''wait, hey stop''. ''why?''. ''because I think I found something''.

The boy looked at an opening right with him. ''dude don't die on us''. John B ignored JJ's comment and went over the opening. He dove right underneath once again,

He looks closely and see something shiny. It's the gold.

He took one piece and was trying to get more.

The girls came in breathing heavily. ''wow, what happened to you two?'', JJ asked amused. ''mrs Crain, she-she tried to kill us. We have to go like now'', Kie painted. ''we locked her in the parlor, but we gotta go now like Kie said'', Sarah told distressed like Kie if not more.

RJ looked at the well. ''shit. John B, brother we need to go now. It's a matter of life or death. It's not a drill, it's actually real''. ''come on JB. Code red, I repeat code red'', JJ yelled down.

John B came up from the water. ''guys, guys I found the gold it's right here''. ''good Johnny, but we have to go''. ''but I just got one piece''. ''that should hold for now. I don't want to get killed'', JJ freaked out.

''alright pull everybody''.

John B grabs the rope. ''I'm on now''.

The two girls took also some of the rope.

All began to pull. ''shit, John B you're suddenly so heavy'', JJ complained. ''not the time J''.

RJ couldn't handle it with his hand. It was still not healed properly. He lost the rope for a second and it made all fall forward, but him backwards.

Luckily everyone got control back instantly. ''RJ dude what the hell?'', Pope shouted. Sarah looked to her boyfriend. ''he's hurt Pope, he can't control it''. ''didn't hurt when he did it the first time'', JJ hissed. ''cause I was pushing through the pain douchebag. Now it was to much''. The boys ignored him. ''John B you alright?'', JJ asked. ''yeah how's RJ?''. The Maybank boy looked to his best friend. ''he'll survive''.

The gang succeeded on getting John B up. He went over to his brother who was still on the ground. He helped him up. ''you good?''. He nodded. ''I should be the one asking you. I was the reason this time you got dropped''. He shrugged. ''don't worry about it RJ, I'm in one piece as you can see''.

''love this brother reunion or whatever, but we gotta jet''. ''JJ's right we gotta go''.

The five managed to get out of the basement. They were running towards the car when they heard gunshots. ''she has a gun now?'', Pope freaked. ''run for it''.

They all were running, and the lady was still shooting. Sarah stopped and realized something. ''she can't see. She's blind'', she told them.

RJ stopped and saw she was pointing the gun at Sarah. Even if she couldn't see, she could still hear.

''SARAH'', RJ yelled. He speeded towards her and pushed her away.

Boom. They heard and looked at the spot where RJ was, to not see him.

To be continued