Chapter 9 office

3rd pov

The boys got back to the Routledge's house. There they were met by the other two of the gang.

''where the hell where you three? Me and Pope were starting to get worried'', Kie said to the trio. ''you won't believe it when we tell you Kiester'', JJ said.

She looked at the Maybank boy. ''tell us what?'', she asked this time looking at RJ. ''let's go in and talk. It's better if we sit'', John B spoke up. All nodded and went inside the house.

----

They told the two of how they were in Lana's Grubbs home, to the two men being there.

''first we were outside and noticed the door was open. Suddenly we heard crashing and noises. We got to hide before they could see us. Then when the coast was clear, we got inside and hid in the kitchen. Then there was like 'bam, bam, bam'. One of the men even threw paint brush out the window. Some of it came on us. Look at this'', the blonde boy said as he shook his head. Where some paint fell out.

''that's disgusting''. ''yeah no shit Kie''. ''alright thank you JJ for enlighten us and uhm giving us a sneak peek. Which we didn't ask for if I may add'', Pope spoke up.

''what about you guys. Are you two alright? I mean that must have been weird for you. Like mrs Grubbs saying that Scooter didn't have the compass, but it was in his boat after all'', Kie said looking at both Routledge brothers.

John B didn't say anything. He tried to avoid the others. RJ then spoke up. ''yeah uhm not sure what she meant tho, but I guess we won't know'', he said while looking out in the window.

''right, but like you guys saw the two men that was shooting at us. Did you like get anything from them. How they looked like, what they were wearing? Something we could tell the cops?'', Kie again asked.

''not much. One was like really build, like training. The other was more like uh shorter and small I think''. ''well, that's not really helpful tho'', Kie said sighing. ''yeah I know'', RJ said.

''at least we know they are killers. I mean they looked like square grouper. Plus, they were not afraid to get their hands dirty'', JJ added. ''you mean narco square grouper?'', Pope asked.

''uh like I don't know how to tell you man. Maybe like that. We didn't get a good look'', JJ said shrugging.

Kie sighed at the two. ''I just have to say not everything is like a king pin movie or whatever movie you guys may think it is. This is real life''. ''we know Kie'', John B answered her.

''what does square grouper look like then?''. ''you weren't there man'', JJ said scoffing at the boy. ''yeah no shit. If I was maybe I'd knew what to look for. Can't say the same to you JJ''.

JJ was about to stand up and go to Pope, but RJ saw it first and stopped it. He looked at JJ. ''don't think about it JJ'', he said in a harsh voice. ''fine'', was all he said and sat himself down again.

RJ turned around and looked at Pope. ''look Pope no offence but you weren't there, maybe if you were. Then you could have found out, but you weren't. We were. We didn't take pictures or something. We were scared ourselves man. We heard Lana's scream and we couldn't do anything, because they were armed. We found out those guys are serious. They are not joking around with this. I think this is way more than we thought, man'', RJ said looking at his friend.

Kie stood up and went to her best friend. She took her hand on his back and rocked back and forth. Comforting the boy.

''no offence RJ, John B. But why do they want the compass for? It's not worth anything. It's a piece of shit if you ask me. Even the pawn shopper would not want that'', he said looking at the brothers.