Chapter 12 adventure

RJ's pov

Shit. As I heard sirens. I turned round and saw a police car, from both sides. The car doors open up and I see one of the police officers, Shoupe I think his name is.

He was walking towards me, had his hand on his gun.

''RJ I got you surrendered. There is no escape. So why just don't you be so kind and do not try and do something. Let me see those hands of yours up''. I get carefully in my pocket and gave the compass to Kie. ''keep it safe for me Kie''. ''I will R, don't worry''

''hey hands where I can see them boy'', he said while taking out his gun and pointing at me. I did what he said. ''hey, don't point that thing at him. He's not doing anything wrong''.

The officer looks at Kie. ''is that so? Cause we got an assault charge for your boyfriend her Carrera''. I looked at her. ''hey Kie I'm good don't worry. Just tell the others. I'll meet you later''.

I walked to Shoupe. ''good call kid'', he said cuffing me.

----

I was in custody when sheriff Peterkin came in. She sat herself down and sighed looking at me.

''look RJ. I feel for you and your brother, but you can't assault people. I know since they never found your dad. You may think that one day he'll come back walking through your door. I don't blame you for hoping...'', I cut her off.

''I'm just asking. I'm a minor right? So, why don't I have someone here with me?''. ''you really want me to say why RJ?''. I shook my head, knowing why.

''look going on those fandangos will not bring him back. I'm sorry kid. This might be hard for you to hear, but he's been missing for nine months. Maybe it's time to face the fact. He's dead''.

I became irritated at her that I sat straight. ''you don't know. Maybe he's been kidnapped or something else is going on'', I tried to deny what she was telling me.

''I do RJ. As hard it is for you and your brother. It's best if you and him accept this and move on with your lives. You're just sixteen-seventeen years old. It doesn't help that you and him plus your gang runs around doing what and get caught in things that you shouldn't be involved with. Now you're in more trouble. Now it's not just foster care that you have to worry about, but assault. Which can mean jail time''.

''it was an accident''. ''it may have been, but he doesn't believe it. Look I can help you, but you have to help me. I know you know more than you say RJ, both you and your brother. Now I know you got the compass, your father's compass''.

My eyes widen at her statement. I tried to deny it but it was no use. ''I have no idea what you're on about. My father's compass''. ''I'm not dumb RJ. You and your gang took it off the wreck that I clearly said you were going to stay out of. It isn't much that happens in the obx that I don't get to hear about''.

''fine, what do you want with that compass you think I have?''. ''evidence for a case. I have to get it. Or else I might have to charge you'', she was fast to say.

I was debating to play along or to tell the truth, but who can I trust anymore if not the police. So, I decided not to do so.

''like I said I don't know anything of that compass. I don't have that in the moment'', I replied.

Before she could say anything. An officer came in. ''uh boss bail's been paid for the boy''. ''what by whom?''. ''by Carrera'', he answered her and went out. She looked back at me. ''looks like you have friends in the high tower. Just go''. I did what she said.

When I came out of the station I saw Kie by the entrance and her father by the car.

''RJ'', see said and came hugging me. I hugged back then we pulled away.