Chapter 26 game on

3rd pov

The pogues were driving away and laughing their asses off, for what had occured earlier.

''okay, everyone. Like my parents are pissed at me for going with you boys, and by the look of Pope's dad. He may want to kill him, so what's this meeting about?'', the Carrera girl asked.

RJ smiled at the girl. ''well, you see Kie we figured it out. Or rather I figured it out''. ''uh, no. It wasn't just you. It was us, dumbass'', JJ scoffed at the boy. ''keep on boys. What did you figure out?''.

''you know how the royal merchant sank with the gold?''. Kie nodded. ''well, it didn't. It's here'', John B continued. ''come on boys we already discussed this''. ''no, Kie it's true. Just listen to them. I didn't even believe myself'', Pope stepped in.

''we aren't joking Kie. It's here on the island. It's right here at outer banks''. Kie's eyes widened. ''you're not joking, are you?''. ''nope. The game is still on'', JJ replied popping the p.

Kie looked at the four boys. They could see she was still sceptic about it. RJ took out his phone and handed it to the girl, showing her the picture. ''there's proof. I was in chapel hill and found that letter. I took a picture from it. It was from Denmark Tanny''.

Kie looked up at the boy clueless for who that was. ''Denmark Tanny was a slave who survived the royal merchant. Slaves weren't mentioned as the crew, because they were slaves. Somehow our father found this out and that was his big discovery. Denmark used the gold to buy his freedom. Then he bought his farm. Who is known in the outer banks''. JJ interrupted RJ and began to drum on his pants. ''tannyhill'', RJ finished. ''what? Tannyhill?''.

''yup Kiester''. John B kept going. ''after that he used more of the gold to buy slaves and free them. Then he sold rice very much, which made all the white planters pissed. Therefore, they decided to lynch him. He knew that day, they were coming. So, he wrote a letter to his son and leaved him a coded message. Where he could find the gold''.

''where?'', the Carrera girl asked intrigued. ''harvest the wheat in parcel nine, near the water. Except there is no wheat. As I figured out. Wheat is code for gold. The gold is in parcel nine, near the water. We just need the original survey map of the property and then we hit the jackpot'', RJ explained.

''so, we're doing this again?'', Pope asked a bit unsure. John B looked at Heyward boy. ''yes we are. We are going to try and find this gold. Full kook, remember?''.

''what's the plan? You didn't exactly tell us that. Just the first'', JJ asked.

RJ looked around at his gang. His eyes landed on Kie. She was not going to be excited about what he was about to say. ''uh truth is, Sarah Cameron's meeting me tonight. She'll have the original survey map'', he said avoiding Kie's eyes that were already looking at him.

''say what now? Sarah, Sarah fucking Cameron. You're joking right?''. ''actually, he isn't'', John B backed up. Kie sent him an annoyed look.

''she kind of uh, got me into the archive last night. To chapel hill, where I got the information''. Kie's eyes widened at the boy's statement. ''dude. You were in chapel hill with Sarah, yesterday?''.

RJ cleared his throat to say something, but JJ beat him to it. ''he's mackin on her''. ''JJ''. This made the Carrera girl look at the boy. If look could kill, oh boy.

''you are mackin on Sarah Cameron?'', Pope asked being clueless to that.

RJ scratched the back of his head, nervous. ''I-I'm not m-mackin on Sarah. I-I uh was just getting some help from her''. JJ huffed. ''nah, he's totally mackin on her and giving her the big d''.

RJ smacked JJ's head. ''ow, what was that for?''. ''you know Maybank, you know''. ''I'm waiting for an explanation, wait did you tell her about the treasure?'', Kie said now having her arms crossed.

''Kie remember he was trying to get access into the archives'', John B defended his brother. ''uhuh, he did at least get access'', JJ smirked. RJ slapped the Maybank boy one more time. ''ouch, stop hitting me''. Kie rolled her eyes at the two. ''you must be fucking joking with me''. ''I kind of let the key detail out tho. If it helps''. Kiara shook her head in disapproval. ''it doesn't matter RJ. You let a kook in on our secret. Not to mention the kook princess. What about pogue life? The fucking surf company you wanted to make, remember that?''.

RJ couldn't handle Kie's bitterness or shouting anymore. ''jeez, Kie relax. I was only using her. Alright? She got me in. I'm only using her'', he lied. This made all look at him, not entirely believing him. Well, JJ and John B certainly knew that was a lie.

Kie sighs disappointed. ''then why can't I believe you, right now?''. ''Kie come on. I'm trying to make us rich. JJ can pay off the boat. Get books and shit for Pope. Help you save the turtles or some shit campaign. Get John B here to study as well. You know me. Does it look like I'm the guy to fall for Sarah Cameron?''.

''eh, you kind of did bro''. ''want me to answer honest or play along?''. ''uh would say so''. RJ rolled his eyes at the boys. ''thanks for the back up guys''.

Kie sighed. ''you don't know her, like I do. She isn't a trustworthy person''. ''well, her brother did beat me up'', Pope backed Kie a little.

That was the last straw for RJ's anger. He pointed at the Heyward boy. ''Sarah and Rafe are two different persons. Rafe is a brat, dumbass, a fucking asshole. Sarah on the other hand is not like that'', before continuing RJ sighed in defeat. ''she's caring in her own way, beautiful, her laugh can make your day, the way she speaks is mesmerizing...''. RJ didn't get to say anything further as JJ interrupted with a shocked expression on his face.

''what the hell did she do to you? I mean you're like this lovestruck puppy. She got you falling hard, my man''.

Kie scoffed annoying. ''she isn't, RJ. She's like this spitting cobra. First she blinds you and then. I'm not going to say anything more but listen. Whatever we get, she's gonna try and take it'', Kie tried to explain.

''she's not like that Kie''. Kie facepalmed herself. ''oh my god. She's got you under her spell already''. RJ just sighed. ''look I'm meeting Sarah whether you like it or not, so let's just get this over with''.

JJ looked at RJ and whispered in his ear. ''you are so down my boy. Sarah has you wrapped around her finger. RJ just admit it, you are in love my friend. You even got your hands on the kook girl that everyone wants, congrats man''.

RJ slightly shoved the Maybank boy from him. ''dude stop, I ain't in the mood for your teasing or whatever'', he told the boy beside him.

JJ just smiled for himself, knowing he was right all along about his best friend's feeling for the one and only Sarah Cameron. He couldn't be more happier.

After that the teens drove to the meeting spot for Sarah and RJ.

To be continued