Chapter 38 the breaker

3rd pov

A few hours later

The gang just outside the Crane house and sitting in the twinkie. ''uh that's the house''. ''yes, Sarah that's the creepy Crane house'', JJ replied sarcastic to the girl. ''JJ''. ''what? I answered her''. ''didn't need to say it in that tone''. JJ rolled his eyes. ''well, sorry then RJ. I can't help that this is just not the time for this''. ''JJ five hundred mil. You remember?'', Kie asked him. JJ smiled. ''right. We're gonna be rich''. ''doofus. Let's go now''.

Everyone went out the car. RJ by his girlfriend's side, holding her hand. JJ noticed this. ''aww, don't you guys look cute'', he mocked them. RJ rolled his eyes. ''you know JJ. A black eye would be perfect for you''. The Maybank boy scoffed. ''you just took your cast off today. Don't think you're supposed to start punching again''.

''he's right babe, you shouldn't'', Sarah told him. JJ smirked at the nickname. ''yeah babe. Listen to your girlfriend. She has a point''. ''oh, you little shit. Just be glad that I don't have the energy to deal with you right now. Or you'd be in the ground now'', he told him as he glared at him. John B rolled his eyes at his brother and friend's bantering. ''guys, stop it. Did someone take the rope?''. ''yeah I took it John B'', Pope replied.

''I have the pulley'', Kie said. ''good who has the grappling hook?''. Everyone looked at John B. ''dude no. We ain't batman shithead. No one took that. You know, maybe you should buy yourself a batman costume and a grappling hook with the money. You know, to make your dream come true'', JJ joked.

''fuck off JJ. At least did someone take flashlights?''. ''yeah bro, I got them'', the other Routledge answered. ''okay then let's get going and find some gold''.

''wait before we do that. I just want to thank one and each of you. This was not doable without you guys. Me and John B appreciate it. Really''.

The gang looked at the brothers. ''oh, come here''. JJ was the first one to initiate a hug. He hugged the two brothers. Everyone except the Maybank boy looked at each other. They just shrugged and went into the hug.

After the group hugged. They began to walk to the house. As they got there they saw lights began to light up as they came. ''shit, run people. Run'', JJ yelled.

The gang did what the blonde boy told them to do.

''shit that was close'', said a panting John B. ''yeah, so uhm she has motion sensor lights. That's fucking great'', Pope sighed. JJ raised his hands. ''what JJ?'', RJ said irritated. ''I mean maybe we could, move really slow. Perhaps that may work''. John B nodded. ''oh, yeah maybe. Of course, why didn't we think of that. It's like it don't sense us walking regular. So, why not try slow. It won't pick that up'', he sarcastically said.

''John B's right. That would not work'', Pope agreed. ''throw a rock, perhaps?'', John B tried to suggest. RJ looked at him with an idiotic face expression. ''dude, that won't work either'', he disagreed.

''RJ's right. We don't want the axe murder to know we're here. So, throwing a rock may enlighten her, idiot'', Kie snickered at him. John B scoffed. ''you have a better idea Kiara?''.

Sarah saw the tension between the gang, so she stepped in before anything else was done or said.

''the breaker''. ''what?'', everyone asked in usion as they looked at the Cameron girl. Sarah rolled her eyes. ''the breaker in the circuit box on the porch. I used to play hide and seek there as a kid with my brother. If we were brave enough we'd go all the way to the porch. I know how and I've seen it. I can do it''.

RJ shook his head pretty fast. ''uhuh. Ain't no way I'm letting you go in that house alone Sar''. Sarah looked at her boyfriend, a smirk plastered on her face. ''watch me''. JJ let his mouth fall at her statement. ''damn, RJ your girl got balls''. With one swift move, RJ elbowed the boy on his lower era. ''dude'', he grunted.

''Sarah I don't think that's a good idea'', the Routledge boy tried to get her to change her mind. She eyed him. ''I can do it RJ''. ''yeah she can do it RJ''. ''you want another one, JJ?''. JJ looked to Sarah. ''you know Crain like chops people into pieces''. Sarah rolled her eyes at the Maybank boy. ''you believe that? She's what, like 85? Don't think she can do that''.

JJ was about to say something before Kie beat him to it. ''I'll go with her''. RJ's eyes widened. ''what? No, no one of you are going''. Kie eyed the Routledge boy. ''RJ you can't decide for us. Don't you want the gold?''. He sighed. ''yeah but...''. ''no buts me and Kie are going. End of discussion'', the Cameron girl told the boy.

''we'll wait for your signal then'', Pope told them. Both the girls nodded and began to walk. Before Sarah got far, RJ grabbed her arm gently. She looked at him. ''just, please be safe. Both of you. Don't want something to happen to you''. Sarah smiled at the boy's concern. She kissed his cheek. ''we will. Don't worry babe''. She walked away after that.

The boys looked at each other and bursted out in laughter. ''please be safe, Sarah. I didn't even get to say I love you'', JJ mocked. ''oh, yes please be safe'', Pope chimed in. ''I'll be safe, don't worry babe'', John B mocked too. RJ looked at the boys not impressed by their behaviour. ''fuck all of you, or I'll give all of you a black eye to share''.

JJ took his hands up for defence. ''but then how will that keep us safe, or does that only apply to Sarah and Kie?''. ''JJ, I'm so close. So, close'', he motioned with his fingers.

''come then big boy. I ain't afraid of you'', JJ slammed his hands on his chest. ''you wanna do this?''. ''yeah I ain't scared. Come on Rowan''. ''guys, stop'', Pope interfered. ''Pope's right. This is really not the time'', John B yawned.

The two other boys stopped with the toxic masculinity and waited.

Suddenly the generators powers were out and the light disappeared.

''they did it. Let's get going boys''. ''let's count. One, two thr...'', Pope got cut off by JJ dragging him into the way of the basement.

To be continued