Chapter 21 library

3rd pov

As they were walking Sarah broke the silence between the two. ''you know what happened in my room last night i...'', RJ cut her off. ''no yeah, that was a mistake. We were just caught up in a moment. No need to explain. Like you said let's just forget about it''. ''yeah uhm your right''. ''if Topper found out he'd kick my ass'', he said trying to lighten mood. ''probably'', the girl just answered while sighing. ''hey just don't let him or your brother decide for you. You are your own person, remember that''. Sarah smiled at him. ''yeah I know. Thanks RJ''. ''anytime princess''.

They were now at some college. Sarah pointed at the other side. ''the library is just around the other side of the student center. Have you been to something like this?''. ''a college? No, I haven't''. ''that's a gap in your training'', she said shaking her head at him.

''have you?'', he asked while raising his brows at her. ''kind of. My dad actually went here. Then his dad and his dad after that''. ''oh, that sounds like some sort of a legacy''. She shrugged. ''yeah. He would very much like me to go here. If I don't he'd probably get aneurysm or something, which is a little annoying. As I want to pick myself the college I want to go to. What about you?''.

RJ ran his hand through his hair. ''uh, college hasn't actually crossed my mind. I mean I didn't think about it like Pope does, so''.

Suddenly the phone began to ring. Sarah looked at it and noticed it was her dad's. She turned the phone around to let RJ see who was calling her. ''my handler must be worrying about me, by now'', she joked.

RJ chuckled. ''wonder what he'll want''.

She let the call go to voice mail. ''told him I was spending the night at some friends house''. RJ smirked. ''good call. Wondered what he'd think if he knew you were with the Routledge thief?''. Sarah scoffed amused. ''would have hanged me for treason'', she joked.

RJ nodded in approving manner. ''because you felt sympathise for the pogue, who happened to work for him and allegedly steal?''.

Sarah nodded. ''oh, yeah'', she said dramatically.

''oh, oh. You've gotta be careful Val. Fraternizing with the enemy, equals not good'', he said in a joking russian accent. ''you're on to something Vince'', she played along.

RJ cleared his throat and talked in a deep voice, trying to be like Ward. ''wait a minute. Did he kidnap you? Or drug you?'', he said sounding concerning. Sarah just smiled and played along with the boy. ''no, I came out of my recognizance, following a lead. We teamed up''.

RJ raised his brows. ''hm, do I know this civil enemy?''. ''oh, yeah. He's kind of known. He used to work for you''.

RJ shook his head. ''no don't tell me? It was the thief wasn't it? The one who stole our scuba gear?''. ''he's not who you think he is dad. He's actually pretty great'', she said complimenting the Routledge boy.

''no, no. He's working on some good psyops on you Sa... Val. He must be a smooth operator then''. Sarah laughed. ''no, he's not. He's kind of dramatic at some times, not to mention cocky. And has absolutely no idea to make a move, but I think I can turn this one sir''.