Chapter 4 kegger

3rd pov

The gang had just told RJ what happened. They told him about the motel, about the gun and the money, the cops coming.

''you took the gun. Idiot?'', RJ said to his best friend. ''hey it can protect us'', JJ defended himself.

''dude, think about us. Think about Pope. If he they finds out he was involved they could take his scholarship. That he has worked for'', RJ yet again said to JJ. ''they won't. Calm down I won't let the cops know that''.

RJ looked at the other's. ''don't look at me. I tried?'', John B said defending himself.

''we weren't there'', Kie said meaning her and Pope.

''so what else did you find out?'', RJ asked his friends. ''well, those money are Scotter Grubbs and he's dead. So I say we keep the gun and money'', JJ spoke again.

''Scotter Grubbs? You mean the guy that was buying individual cigarettes at the porthole?''.

''Yes RJ. Yes it was'', JJ said as he patted his friend's shoulder.

''that boat we found...'', RJ got cut off. ''it looks like it was his'', Pope answered.

''but wasn't that a grady white? How can he afford that?''.

''smuggling. If I must guess'', John B spoke up.

''then it means that it can be some worthful things in that boat'', JJ said as he smiled.

''which means he may not have worked alone, idiot. If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, don't. They may come back and look for it'', RJ said as he looked stern at JJ.

''yeah taking it would be stupid'', Kie said as she leaned her head on RJ's shoulder. This made the three other boys look at each other than back at RJ.

''what?'', RJ said as he noticed them smiling and looking creepily at him. ''nothing'', JJ said now smirking. RJ ignored him and went on.

''I may be stupid for saying this, but maybe we should check it out. I mean it can't hurt'', RJ said surprising everyone.

''my boy is back'', JJ clapped. Kie shot her head back up and looked at the boy. ''you serious R?'', she asked him. He looked back at her. ''yeah I am'', he said in a serious voice.

''great that's set. Now we have to find a way down there'', JJ said looking at the sky.

''yeah well until then. We should lay low and act like nothing and be normal'', Pope said.

''and how do we do that?'', Kie asked. All the boys looked at each other and nodded, thinking the same time. ''kegger'', they said in usion.

''great'', the girl muttered under her breath.

----

It had been a few hours and the kegger was packed with people. Kie was speaking to some girl. John B and Pope were playing volleyball. RJ and JJ were chugging beer.

''ayy ope'', JJ said as he chugged more. RJ had enough so he stopped.

JJ stopped and looked at him. ''what's the deal with you and Kie?''. ''nothing'', he said. ''dude. She laid her head in your shoulder earlier and when we went to the motel she was like. We have to wait for RJ. RJ is more responsible when it comes to those things. Oh, I hope RJ is okay. Like dude, she's into you''.

Rowan looked back from JJ to Kie. She noticed him and smiled towards him. He smiled back, then he got back to a JJ who looked at him. ''she doesn't dude''. ''she does dude. The question is do you?''.

''I don't know. I mean she's attractive and that, but we're friends. I don't know if I want to ruin that''. JJ rolled his eyes. ''it's Sarah isn't it?''. ''what?'', the brown haired boy said looking at the blonde.