Chapter 17 oreos

3rd pov

The gang was now trying to work on the drone to keep their search for the gold.

Pope was the one working on it while the others relaxed. JJ come out of nowhere and began to play with the drone. Pope rolled his eyes and took it from the Maybank boy. ''hey, I was playing with it''. ''exactly, it's not a play thing. So, don't touch that. I'm the one trying to work out the rov''.

JJ began to yawn. ''good thing we have a geek in our squad. Gotta have someone smart. Like what would we do without you to control the drones?''. ''it's not a drone JJ, it's a rov''. JJ yawned again. ''ah, ah. Bro I'm tired, so please just be quiet for a little bit''.

John B came into the room with Kie and RJ. ''looking good with the drone, Popeye''. Pope rolled his eyes at RJ. ''look once we get the photo of the wreck we'll bring it into the town and give it to a lawyer. Then we'll file a formal claim. Sounds good?''. JJ looked at John B. ''you serious man?''. ''well, JJ. You see there is maritime salvage law. Kind of illegal to go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up'', Pope tried to explain to the Maybank boy.

JJ sighed. ''I know, but lawyers aren't cheap. Just saying''. RJ shrugged his shoulder. ''maybe as soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp''.

Kie looked at him with a questioning look on her face. ''how do you know that?'', she asked him. ''our dad has told us like many times'', John B replied.

Kie nodded. ''seems fair''. ''the tether is long, like real. So, in the wrong weather it could get pushed around. Since the weather right now aren't good, we should wait until tomorrow''. ''I agree with Pope, we'll wait at slack tide. Right?''. ''yeah at slack tide JB''.

''well, gotta go home then''. Pope and Kie walked through the door, to leave. JJ was about too, but RJ stopped him. ''sleep here bro. We got room''. ''you sure because I can g...''. RJ shook his head. ''no J. Sleep here''. JJ nodded and went to the couch. ''sleep in my bed, I'll take the couch''.

''you sure?''. ''yes J. Now get some sleep, we need sleep to function''. JJ nodded and went into the oldest Routledge's brother's room.

''you know. You're a great big brother even tho you're just some months older'', John B said approaching his brother. ''thanks Johnny. Now go to bed you too''. John B nodded and went into his own room.

RJ sighed and laid himself on the couch. He started to think if this was a good idea. Dragging everybody with him for this scavenger hunt. Honestly he didn't know, but one thing he knew certainly. Was that he was going to try and protect all of them.

----

The next day

RJ was the first one to wake up. He dragged himself up and quietly went out. It was warm outside, so he took of his t-shirt and was now shirtless.

He was back outside his house and began to do some push ups to let some steam out.

It had been a half an hour and he had been switching from push ups to pull ups. He was now sweaty.

He went inside and drank some water, then he went back outside. He looked at the ocean.

Suddenly he heard a sound and the moment he turned around, he was met by a bag of oreos flying his way. He quickly looked up and was met by the Cameron girl.

Before he got to say something, she spoke first. ''it's your turn''. ''what?'', he asked clueless. She rolled her eyes at him. ''for you to ask me what I'm doing here''. RJ looked at her more clueless. ''uh, what are you doing here?''. As the Cameron girl was about to answer, she noticed he was shirtless and couldn't help but check him out. No matter how many times she had seen him shirtless, she still couldn't comprehend it. He was already hot with his shirt on, but he was even hotter without one. Showing his muscular arms and his abs.