Chapter 45 setup

RJ's pov

We are still driving through the outer banks to get to the location, the lady gave us. It was quiet until Pope broke the silence.

''so uhm they keep the money at that warehouse?'', he asked from the back. ''yes they do Popeye'', I answered him. ''well, that's what she said at least'', JJ said with a creepy smirk. ''dude, not the time for that joke. Like that's just cringe''.

He laughed. ''come on RJ. Lighten up dude. Was just a joke. Maybe not a good one, but it was to lighten the mood up in here''. ''just stop'', my brother told him too.

I looked at Sarah who was busy looking out the window. ''what's up Sar? A penny for your thoughts?''. She looked back at me with worry in her eyes. ''it's just I have never heard of resurrection drive. It's a little sketchy to me''.

I noticed JJ roll his eyes. ''cause you're rich'', he replied to her. ''JJ don't even start'' I warned him. ''you haven't even heard of it JJ, so don't act like you have'', Kie snapped at him. I chuckled amusement.

''thanks'', Sarah said to Kie. ''no problem'', she replied.

I was happy about that. Looks like there may be a new friendship between the two, and I couldn't be more happier about that. The two most important girls in my life, friends.

I looked out the window and noticed something. It was weird, cause it looks like there were just weed out there. Nothing else was to be seen. That's weird.

''guys is it me or is it all just weed out here'', I heard Kie said. ''yeah I agree with you Kiester. I was just thinking the same. Are we sure this is the right road?''.

''well, it is what JJ gave us'', my brother said.

''dibs on it, if it is'', JJ was quick to say.

God, that boy and his addiction.

''J dude, you need to chill with the weed''. He stuck his tongue out to me. ''nah my man, weed is a need''.

Suddenly I heard sirens and so did everyone else as we all just looked at each other.

I took a hold of Sarah's waist and held her closer to me.

''uh cops out here? Seems a little off if you ask me''.

''yeah it does, Pope. Just in case John B pull over. In case it is the police. We don't need to get caught'', I told my brother.

''RJ's right''.

''stash the gold'', I told JJ and he obeyed.

I saw Kie looked behind and I followed her gaze. Seeing someone get out of the car and headed towards us.

''JJ you need to shut your mouth, alright? Don't do something stupid'', Kie told him. ''did you bring the gun?'', JB asked him. He shook his head. ''no everybody told me to leave it back. That's what I did''. ''good. We don't need the cops more on our tail, just because you have a gun that's not licensed to us''.

I looked at the bag JJ was putting the gold in and I couldn't help but smell the weed radiating off it. ''you didn't J''. He looked at me and nodded. ''how much do you have on you?''. ''not much'', he replied with his goofy smile.

I noticed the man was on JB's side and motioned for him to roll down his window. As he did I noticed he had an a mask on him. Suddenly he pulled his gun up to my brother.

I took Sarah more closer to me. I am not letting anythign happen to her.

''out the car now'', he commanded.

We did as he said but I didn't let go of Sarah's hand.

As he spoke, it heard like he was around our age. Maybe older perhaps?