Chapter 42 unexpected obstacle

The next day

RJ's pov

Me, JB and Sarah were walking towards the Cameron's household.

''so, uh last night was fun'', JB was the first one to speak up.

''yeah''.

''guess so'', I replied.

''oh, come on guys we have a win. We got at least one piece of the gold. That must be worth some stuff. So, lighten up''. I noticed John B looked right ahead and stopped in his tracks. I looked to where he was looking.

''shit''.

I looked to see Ward looking at us and he was not happy. I guess that's my fault.

''RJ, John B, Sarah. How nice of you to show up'', mr Cameron said to us as we walked up to the open door.

''mr Cameron I can explain''.

He narrowed his eyes only on me. ''explain what? That you and your brother held my daughter out all night? Yes I would be very to happy to hear that. Just because you two live here now. Doesn't mean you can go out late at night just like before... also dragging my daughter with you. No, it's not acceptable'', he said in an angry manner.

I mean I do understand him. We did not exactly say where we were going nor did we tell him we'd be out all night. He is our guardian.

''dad it was not their fault. I'm sixteen I can do...''. I looked to see Ward not happy what Sarah was about to say.

''if you're trying to say you can do whatever you want Sarah. That is not the case. You're sixteen not eighteen young lady. I'm your father and you didn't answer my texts. I was worried for you''.

I noticed his gaze softened when he spoke to Sarah. Now i kind of feel bad. I didn't mean him to worry. Maybe I should have texted him some excuse last night. Well, better late than never I guess.

''mr Cameron I'm sorry it was my fault. I took Sarah on a date, and we lost track of time. John B here were looking for us and just found us. Blame it on me sir, I apologize''.

He nodded towards me but still had this look in his face when he shifted his eyes to me. ''next time I would like to know Rowan. At least answer my texts Sarah, I was worried for all of you''. ''I will dad''.

Oh, shit. Used my whole name. Must mean he is disappointed.

He looked at me and John B. ''are you two free tomorrow?'', he just asked out of nowhere. I shared a look with my brother. We were both confused at this.

''uh, not exactly why?'', I asked him.

He shifted from mad to a smile towards me and JB.

''well, now you two better cancel that not exactly plans of yours. Cause both of you are going fishing with me. Yep fishing''.

''what? They can't dad?'', Sarah quickly added to mr Cameron.

I was just confused at this. Like where did it all come from and fishing of all things.

He looked at her with raised brows. ''and why is that?''. ''because RJ's going to be with me tomorrow and John B here is going on a date''.

John B on a date? Haha he hasn't been on a date... like ever. He isn't the type to date.

''a date?'', he asked John B. ''oh, yeah a date'', I answered before he could.

''with whom if I may ask?''. ''Kie'', I quickly answered. ''Kiara Carrera? The one who were friends with you before?'', he asked more towards Sarah. ''the one and only'', Sarah nodded.