Chapter 10 the break in

RJ's pov

We heard the door open as John B made a statement that someone was here. I saw Kie going back and forth. I went in front of her and stopped her. I took my hand on her shoulder, reassuring her it's fine.

She looked at me. ''it's them RJ?''. ''we are not sure'', I told her. ''no we aren't'', JJ answered back. Suddenly we heard something break.

''shit''. ''what are we going to do?'', Pope asked. I looked at JJ. ''where's the gun?''. He looked at me. ''the uh the gun. It's, it's...'', he began to ramble. ''you don't have it'', Johnny asked him.

I let go of Kie and she went to JJ. ''now that we need the gun, you don't have it?''. JJ sighed. ''it was in my backpack and I left it''. ''the backpack? Where is it JJ?''. He looked at me and realized. ''the porch''. ''dammit''.

''okay, let's just think''. ''think? Pope we need that backpack. We're going to get that, so come on'', I said harsh.

We were about to go when we heard our names being called. ''RJ Routledge and John B Routledge. Come on out boys we won't bite''. We heard the other man laugh. ''yeah we won't bite'', he said mockingly.

''fuck'', I muttered under my breath. ''where's the compass?'', the man who yelled our name asked.

''guys we need to leave, right now''. ''you don't say Pope'', JJ said rolling his eyes at him.

''come on boys. Come out, come out wherever you are'', they once said again. ''out the window now'', I said pointing at the window. ''works for me'', JJ said.

''hurry''. I went over to the window with John B. We tried to open it, but it didn't want to budge. We gave up and looked at the group. ''we can't exactly hurry it up Kie when it won't open''.

''Routledge's last warning. Come out'', one of the man said while I heard he smashed something.

Shit, think RJ, think.

That's when I came up with a plan. I looked at the window and didn't think twice before what I did. I smashed the window.

''Rowan what the hell?''. ''RJ''.

I looked back at the group. ''at least we can get out of her'', I answered them. ''your hand bro''. I looked down to see my hand bleeding. I looked back up. ''I'm fine Johnny. Now go''.

No one said anything, they went to go over to the window but stopped. ''sorry to say RJ, but this is a no way to go''. I looked back and saw it was closed with something.

''broke my hand for nothing then''.

''let's go out the door and into the other one closest'', Johnny said. All agreed and did that.

3rd pov

The teens rushed out the door quietly and made it to the door who was next to the one they were in.

There they got in and locked the door carefully.

''great we're with the rooster'', the Heyward boy said in a no excitement.

It began to make sound. ''shit, make it stop Pope'', Kie asked.

Suddenly the they could hear that the door to the office opened up. ''hey come check this out'', one of them said.

The rooster started to make sound again.

''we're going to get caught if we don't shut it'', JJ spoke up.

''what do you want me to do? Like pet it and hope it would stop''.

''just do something'', John B said.

''fuck it''. RJ looked at his best friend and figured out what he was going to do, but before he got to stop JJ. It was too late.

JJ grabbed the rooster and snapped it's neck until it cracked. Everyone heard the cracking. Kie began to shred some tears down her cheeks. John B just looking at the rooster, Pope just looking down, RJ looking at his best friend with sympathy, JJ just looking blank.

''nothing in there, come on let's go''. With that the two men left. Now the kids were in the room, sitting there in quiet.

----

Everyone got back to the living room.

''it's obvious, right? Family heirloom? There is not a better place to hide a message. Maybe he knew it would come back to me and RJ, don't you all agree?''.

''maybe'', JJ answered John B. ''it's possible or maybe your concocting wild theories. You and RJ'', pope answered. Kie looked at him. ''Pope''. ''no, they're sad Kie. Maybe they're just hoping instead of dealing with what they feel, they are concocting''.

''the fuck Pope? That we aren't. Have it occurred to you that our father might try to give us hints? Because it has to me and JB'', RJ answered harshly at the boy.

''RJ''. The boy looked at the girl who called his name. ''RJ it's not healthy to trip, but I understand'', JJ said looking at his best friend.

''what? I'm not trippin out, neither do I need a therapy session if that's what you think. Our dad is missing. He's missing guys. Do you know how me and John B feels? No. You guys don't know how it is to have one of the closest person to you vanish and to know nothing why or how. All you can do is trying to move on with your life, wondering for yourselves what?''.

''RJ's right'', John B backed his brother up.

''it's almost been a year, boys'', Kie said to them. ''I mean he may have been kidnapped. There is a possibility of that'', JJ tried to defend.

''yeah maybe in a soviet sub getting interrogated maybe'', Pope tried to back up lightening the mood.

The two Routledge brothers laughed a little at the two other boy's statement.

''okay. JJ shut it. RJ, John B what do you guys think the message is?''. The two Routledge's looked at each other and said in unison ''redfield''.

''then there's where were going'', Kie said.

The gang packed up and went inside the twinkies. Ready do drive out to adventures.

To be continued