Chapter 44 pawnshop

3rd pov

The gang was outside the pawnshop, still sitting in the twinkie.

Kie handed the Maybank boy the melted gold. He inspected it and rolled his eyes at the girl's trying to melt the gold.

''good job melting it down, dr Frankenstein''. Kie scoffed at the boy's comment. ''like you would have done it better JJ. You'd just come halfway''. The Maybank boy smirked and crossed his arms. ''I mean I could have. I took a welding class with RJ''.

Everyone looked at the oldest Routledge now. He held his hand up in defence. ''it was one time and no, JJ couldn't have done it better if I may add. You clearly was the girl for the job, Kie''.

''see even RJ agrees with me'', Kie added proudly. John B rolled his eyes at the arguing two.

''alright guys chill out, we have work to do'', he interfered. ''easy for you to say. You don't need to pawn this shit. How did I even get this job anyways? Was it no one other than me that has the balls to do ut... well except the girls''. ''first of all J. It's not shit, it's gold idiot. Second you're the best liar. So, to answer your question. We all have balls to do it, but your better at it'', RJ gave him thumbs up.

''fine but you'll come with'', JJ added with a smirk. RJ didn't get to answer before he was dragged out of the car by his best friend.

''good luck'', was heard as they over to the pawnshop.

----

The two walked into the pawnshop.

''afternoon ma'am'', JJ greeted. ''afternoon'', the woman greeted back. ''I see you buy gold'', the Maybank said with confident.

The lady rolled her eyes at the boy. ''that's what the sign says, so?''. ''then I hope you buy a lot of it, cause I'm about to blow your mind'', he snapped his fingers at her.

The woman shrugged, clearly not blown away as the Maybank boy said. ''go ahead kid, I ain't got much mind left to blow. So, good luck''. ''trust me. This will'', RJ smiled backing his friend up.

JJ took the melted gold from his pocket and handed it over the counter, so the woman could see it.

The lady took it and examined it. Then she looked at the two teenagers boy. ''this is not real'', she stated. The Maybank boy arched a brow up at the woman. ''ain't real? Trust me that is real''. The woman laughed. ''sorry but it can't be. Either so, how do you two teenage boys have it?''.

JJ's brows furrowed at the lady's statement. ''you feel how heavy that is ma'am. Also this is a pawnshop, not twenty one questions shop. So, we don't need to tell you as you are not the police. And even if you were one, we'd not tell you either''. She looked at JJ with an unimpressed look. ''spray painted tungsten. Very good spray paint if i may say''. RJ facepalmed himself.

''look miss. Can't you see that gold is the real deal? I mean spray painted tungsten, really? No, ma'am this is really the real deal. We are not scaming you. Just look closely at it and you'll see''. She rolled her eyes at the Routledge boy.

She took it and tried to bite it. She nodded her head doing so. She handed it back to JJ.

''I mean it ain't plated and painted'', she told them. ''that was what we kind of told you. This is real'', JJ tells once again.

''but looks like someone tried to melt it down'', she narrowed her eyes at the two boys. ''yeah uh my mom. She likes to melt things down. She had all this jewels and thought it was best to melt it down to something. Between us she's an alcoholic and she isn't the best kind. So, therefore it's like that''.

She raised her brow. ''seven pounds? Lot of earrings if you ask me'', she narrowed her eyes at the boy as she just weighed the gold. ''his mom has alzheimer's also. Really isn't in her right mind, between the alcohol and the forgetting. So, cut him some slack here. He's just trying to provide for himself and his mother who is not in her mind to do so'', RJ quickly added.

It didn't look like she was really believing it, but she still could tell the gold was real.

''mhm. I'll just go to the back for a minute. Stay here you two and don't brake anything''.

As she walked away JJ looked at RJ. ''dude if this works, we'll be rich''. RJ smiled. ''yes we will''. ''just think about it RJ. Me, you, Pope and Kie living our best life even though Kie's already rich''. ''don't forget Sarah''. JJ smirked. ''of course, and your girlfriend, we can't forget about her. Your girl, lover boy''.

RJ pushed the boy.

''dude, can you cut it out with that tone of yours''.

JJ smirked.

''what? You mean my right tone. I was the one who said you liked her, and see where it lead to. You two are together. Shouldn't I get recigniton for that?''.

RJ chuckled.

''dude? It's not because of you we're together. It's because we finally admitted it to ourselves and each other. So, no you don't get that''.

The Maybank boy rolled his eyes.

''yeah, yeah whatever. I still was the one who knew''.

The woman came back out.

''so, talked with the boss. This is what I can do'', she handed JJ a check. He looked at it for a second, before speaking. ''fifty thousand, really? No sorry ma'am but I know the right price for this. I know for a fact this is worth one hundred and forty at least'', he argued.

The woman shrugged. ''you're in a pawnshop, what'd you expect?''. ''ninenty'', RJ chimed in. She huffed. ''seventy is all I can offer and I won't even ask where you really got it from. I don't think you got it from your mother, that's just a lie you told. Take it or leave it. My final offer, or you can just walk out of here with nothing''.

RJ nudged JJ telling him to take it. ''deal, but I'm gonna need it in large denominations''. ''yeah no can do. I don't have that much denominated, not here at least. I can give you a cashier's check''.

''sorry but that can't do'', RJ replied to her. ''what my friends says here is right. We need it in cash''. ''then I have to send you to the warehouse. I have the money there. Can we agree on that?''.

RJ and JJ looked at each other, being hesitant. JJ looked back at the lady. ''where is this warehouse?''.

She told them where it was.

''alright, better call whoever you have in that warehouse then and they should have our money then''.

''sure, just follow the instructions I told you and you'll get it'', she smiled at them a little evil.

RJ was suspicious as to why the woman was smiling and not a friendly smile was it either.

They walked right out after getting the location.

They got back in the twinkie, while everyone was waiting patiently for them to spill the beans.

''so?'', John B asked. ''we have the location for the warehouse, to collect cash''. ''then let's get going''.

They drove off.

To be continued