CHAPTER 4

I could beat my chest that someone was sitting on the couch all night. I saw him. Or was I seeing things because of my concussion?. Maybe. Or maybe it was Reese, he probably came to check up on me when I was asleep. Yes, that’s probably it. No need to worry Kai. You’re not crazy.

The snapping of fingers in front of my face got me focused on reality instead to last night.

“ What were you saying, sorry” I asked shaking my head as looked at Wade who was looking at me confused.

“ I was saying that the doctor said that you can get discharged today if you feel better but I think you’d need some rest, you’ve been out of it since morning. You okay?, Do you need time off from work?, I can get someone to fill your place for few weeks. What do you think?” he asked as he poured a cup of water and offered it to me.

“ I’m okay sir, thank you for your concern” I replied as I took some sips from the cup. Tapping the side of the cup with my fingers, I decided to ask the question that has been bothering me since morning.

“ Did anyone come to visit last night?, Reese or other officers maybe?” I asked as I glanced towards the couch.

“ No, not that I know of, everyone was busy in the office trying to get information out of Rose and tracing other links to Antonio, why?” He asked as a nurse walked in.

“ Please excuse me, Nurse” I said getting her attention.

“ Did anyone sign in to visit me yesterday?” I asked.

“ Not at all, the only time someone came into the room last night was when I came to give you some pain killers and I didn’t see anyone in here.” She replied.

“ oh okay, thank you” I said sighing to myself, maybe I really needed rest after all.

After I got discharged, Wade told me that I had the whole week off to get back into my form. Which I was thankful for, I was going to be busy with the new house and the packing in and all. As if the realtors heard me, my phone began to ring.

“ Good morning Mr. Kai, calling to notify you that one of our workers would be in front of the house shortly to show you around and give you the documents to sign if interested.

“ Sure, that will be appreciated. I’m actually on my way to the complex, like 10 minutes away.” I said briefly as I cut the call.

The walk from the hospital to the house wasn’t far at all, the hospital was directly behind my workplace so it wasn’t a long walk at all. On getting to the house, a man who I presumed was the worker was standing in front of the drive way.

“ Hello!, How may I help you?” I called out as I approached him. Turning towards me, he stretched his hand for a handshake.

“ Good morning Sir, my name is Davis, I was sent to show you around the house.
“ Oh, Sure. Nice to meet you” I said shaking his hand.

Once the pleasantries were over, he led me towards the door and opened it with a key he brought out from his pocket. After he let me go in, he followed behind and shut the door.

“ This is the living room, as you can see, there’s no door separating it from the kitchen. So it’s quite convenient. There’s also a guest room with a bathroom and toilet right there, beside the main door.” Davis started as he walked around the place. The home setting was very comfortable, the walls were painted lightly, with a light shade of grey. Leading us upstairs, he opened the door on the right side of the corridor.

“ This is the master’s bedroom, it has the control panel to the heater and air conditioner. So you can control it comfortable from here. This is the bathroom, it’s quite spacious as you can see, the bathtub automatically fills up once the button over there is pressed. The shower also has different settings, from extremely hot to cold. The shower head can also be detached when necessary.” He continued as he walked out of the room.