CHAPTER 18

After sneaking out of the room, I paced swiftly back to the stairs. As I approached the location, I saw Pete sitting on it waiting. From the looks of it he had been waiting for some time.

"Hey, What are you doing here?" I asked confidently trying to hide the nervousness I was feeling

"I was wondering where you went" he said as he climbed down the stairs.

"I went to the bathroom, why?" I asked walking towards him staring straight at him as I did.

"Oh, nothing, Chief called and asked if we were ready to leave. Apparently the evacuation team is on the way" he answered frowning at the stare I was giving him.

I really didn't have any excuse to give so I just kept quiet.
“It seems you don’t trust me?" Pete asked leaning on the wall staring at me and sighing.

"I do, I just didn't want to stress you. Plus I got everything under control." I replied sitting on the stairs.

"Everything under control?" He yelled then lowered his voice.

"You don't even know what you've done." He continued with a frustrated expression on his face.

I was so confused, “did my plan leak”, “did rotten teeth see me sneak into the room”, had one of the girls betrayed me”. Countless thoughts entered my mind in that split second and I began panicking a little, I took a deep breath to calm my self down and then I asked,

" What do you mean?"

"Antonio is expected to come today" he said with spite and I saw a wee bit of satisfaction flash across Pete’s eyes as he stared at me.

"How do you know that? and why am I finding out now" I said as I scratched my hair wondering how I was gonna have to expedite the plans to rescue the girls.

"I overheard it from Roman and the guys that's why I'm here" he answered shrugging innocently.

"Did you tell Chief to call the team back then?" I inquired. I felt like he was quite enjoying seeing me lose control of the situation and from time he’d flash an almost imperceptible grin.

"I tried texting but no network, guess we need to figure something out and fast" he replied.
Sighing to myself, I prayed that the evacuation team would come as early as possible so I could get out of this place before Antonio came.

After hearing about Antonio's planned arrival today, I became quite agitated. I checked my watch for the time, it was 5pm. 'One more hour till dinner time' I thought to myself hoping that we'd be able to make it. Texting our chief, I implored him to expedite the evacuation process. Once the drugs took hold, we would only have 2 hours to evacuate everyone and there was a lot of girls here.

I had always heard time went fast when you had something important to do and today proved it. As I rose my head from my thoughts, I spotted rotten teeth approaching me.

"It's time for dinner" he stated as he arrived and he immediately turned back walking towards the factory.
Ignoring his mumbling, I stood up and walked behind him whilst praying for everything to work out fine.

Ella was already serving dinner when I walked in and took a seat.
"Where have you been?" Roman asked as he stared at me suspiciously.

"The stairs behind the building. Just getting fresh air" I replied rolling my eyes as she dropped a plate in front of me.

"I'm sure you're aware that the boss is on his way right?" He asked looking at everyone on the table as murmurs followed.

"I expect everyone to be on their best behavior. We all know the boss doesn't take bullshit right?" he continued with nods following suit.