CHAPTER 7

After the meeting at the hospital, I couldn't stay there any longer. It was one thing being a third party in the situation, but it became very person for me because I had seen Amelia and even spoken to her. The truth of the matter was Amelia and Rose deserved better.

Looking at my wristwatch, it read 6:30pm and I realized that I've been sitting in my car for over an hour when I was just directly in front of my house. My mind was disoriented. Sighing to myself, I finally turned off the ignition and went inside.

Dropping the car key on the kitchen counter, I hurriedly went upstairs to have a bath. Turning on the hot water to fill the bath, I sat down on my bed and took a deep breath. I knew that sleep wasn't going to come easily so I planned on researching on how Amelia lived with Antonio and how she found out that Rose was her mother. After few minutes, I remembered that I had the tap running. Thankfully, it wasn't full to the brim so I took off my clothes and sank into the hot almost burning water.

' I'm so exhausted ' I whispered to myself. My body was sore and I was really in need of a massage but unfortunately, there was no way to get one. Groaning to myself, I allowed myself sink into the bathtub. Oxygen became less as I stayed still. It was a very weird way I used to calm myself down ever since I was a child.

When I got my fill, I soaped and sponged my body, rinsed it out and tied my towel on my waist as I headed back into the room.

' I wonder what to search first ' I thought to myself as I dressed up.
' The archives of the club of course' A voice replied in my head. The voice didn't sound like mine at all, maybe my subconscious finally got a voice?
What a silly thought. Shrugging to no one in particular, I turned off the lights and went back downstairs.

On getting to the dinning table, I saw my laptop opened already with my notes on the table. Blinking continuously, I tried to get the image out of my mind. There was no way on earth my laptop and note that was in my bag was now on the table. Walking carefully towards the table, I looked at the page that was opened on my laptop. It read ' Armada Employees '. What the hell!?.

Looking around the house, I realized that there was no form of forced entry. It was either I opened all these before I went to bath, or I was probably living with a ghost. The second option would have sounded so silly in my head earlier in the week but right now, after everything with Amelia earlier today, there was a high possibility that something or someone that wasn't human was in this house.

" Hello?, Is another there?" I called out. No answer.

" Hello?, Amelia is that you?". I shouted again. No answer.

" You know I won't be scared right?". No answer.

" Oh for heaven's sake, sit down and start working " The voice of earlier replied. This time, I wasn't hearing the voice in my head, It was coming from the parlor.

Turning my head towards that direction, I saw someone sitting on the couch.

" Who the hell are you?" I said gently as I walked back towards to kitchen.

" Just sit and I can explain to you" the man answered back.

After carefully moving to the kitchen, I picked up a knife and held it behind my back.

" How did you enter my house" I asked again standing in one spot.

" I didn't enter,I've been here all day" The man replied shrugging.

" What do you mean you've been here all day?, Leave quietly or I'll call the cops" I threatened.

' I said sit Kai' His voice echoed in my head.

" It's you" I stared in fear.

" What did you do to me?, How are you in my head?" I asked blabbering.

" I said sit down Kai" he replied again gently.

I don't know how or why, but I listened to him and sat down, still holding my knife.

" Good " he commended as he began to walk towards me.

" You can keep the knife Kai, it can't hurt me and you know it" he said as he came to full light.

The man standing in front of me was tall, maybe 6'4, towering about my 6'1 body which was still seated and shivering with fear. He was dressed in jeans and a black turtle neck with his hair in a messy man bun. Looking at me then the knife, I unconsciously released my grip as the knife landed on the table.

Dragging the chair backward, he sat down quietly as he observed me.

" Who are you?" I said with the last courage in my blood.

" Do you really want to know who I am?" He asked chuckling.

" Yes, firstly, you're a strange man who came from nowhere, secondly, I can hear your voice in my head without you even moving your lips, so yeah, I'd like to know which mystical creature I summoned this time" I replied as I threw my hands in the air.

" I know that deep down, you know what I am already but I'll make it easy for you and just say it point blank. I'm a ghost, this was my house, the car you drove this morning was my car, I can speak to you in your head. Why you might ask. I don't know also. To be honest, I don't know how you can even see me and how I can speak to you also. You're the only human that I've had contact with for the past 6 years. So yeah, I have no clue either and that's why I decided that talking or should I say, communicating with you was necessary" he finished.

" So you're saying I wasn't crazy when I felt someone looking at me in the hospital ward?" I asked him as he shook his head no.

" You're also telling me that you've been in this house since I moved in?" I asked again in which he nodded yes.

' So he was there when I was bathing?' I thought to myself unconsciously.

" No, I wasn't there. I have no interest in what you do in your private time " he replied with his lip tilted to one side.

" Can you stop reading my thoughts?, It's uncomfortable " I said as I stood up from the chair. I was feeling dizzy, first, Amelia, now this strange man. Maybe I needed to find his own cause of death so he can rest peacefully. At least that was the case for Amelia.

" I apologize, I'll try not to since it makes you uncomfortable." He said sounding genuine.

" Thank you " I replied with a small smile.

" So.." I continued clapping my hands together.

" Do you eat, sleep or anything?, Since I'm stuck with you, I need to know if you'll be around the house doing stuff too".

" No, I don't do such things, I don't need food or rest but apparently, I can have contact with physical things so I guess you'll see me around once in a while just sitting down" he replied.

"And what's your purpose for staying around me? I asked

" To bring down Antonio Rossi" he said sternly with a frown.

" I guess we have the same goal Roomie" I said smiling.

" I guess we do, now please get back to work. If you need help, just let me know" he replied as he stood up and headed towards the parlor again. The conversation was obviously over so I faced the laptop towards me and began to skim through the file.

' he didn't tell me his name ' i thought as I sighed.

' Ethan, my name is Ethan' he replied back in my head.